Notices

Couple of bits I need help sorting?..

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2014, 11:53 PM
mikey89
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of bits I need help sorting?..

Well I've got a few bits on my06 that I'm not happy with and need sorting I've look around for ages trying to figure out what they could be but anyway here goes...

Firstly the interior door lock/unlock switch doesn't want to unlock the doors it locked fine no problems and the remote central locking works perfectly it's just trying to unlock the doors with the switch doesn't do anything no noise or clicking so I don't know what could be causing it? Any help would be great

Secondly the headlight washers don't pop up so I'm guessing it's a separate pump to the windscreen but can I get to it by removing the arch liner? And I've read about it can seize and you can wd40 it and fix it? Again any help appreciated

Now to the engine... I've recently had the engine out as I had a cambelt done and it got done wrong so had to get stripped and rebuilt with new valves so new gaskets and bolts the lot new cambelt kit inc pullys ect but now my engine makes a high pitch beep tone when the engine is off and a werring noise when she is on idle and when driving I really don't know what they could be? Definitely don't know about the high pitch beep but maybe the wering could be the alternator? Not sure though?... And again if anyone can help

Just want these bits sorting as I'm abit **** with all the little bits..

Last edited by mikey89; 03 December 2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04 December 2014, 01:24 PM
Alex Brown
Scooby Newbie

Hey buddy, im new to all this myself what with only buying my car back in january, but I have had an issue with the headlight washer jets myself. So maybe able to help you here. I know for my car (hawk) there is no second pump for the washer jets, it operates on a pressure system, so when the stalk is operated in the car the water pressures pushes the pump out and the water then squirts. My issue was one wasnt sitting flat enough to the bumper and what with me being quite **** myself I needed to get this altered, thought it might have been misaligned or something. On closer inspection (bumper off) it turned out the whole jet unit inside had crumbled and broken, new one ordered and fitted no problems left. Easy fix if your handy with some tools but recommended bumper off job.

Hope that helps
Alex
Old 04 December 2014, 05:33 PM
mikey89
Scooby Regular

Spot on bit of advice bud glad it's only the 1 pump just need to get them working.. I'll get the WD40 out and give the pipes a good clean too.