Notices

Impreza ra short circuit now fuel pump won't prime no check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2014, 05:14 PM
narelle
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Impreza ra short circuit now fuel pump won't prime no check engine light

Hi all I fitted a supposed good maf to my car today I got off here went to start the car and smoke started to come from maf quickly unplugged it and rewired the plug as all the wires had melted and shorted fitted the old maf and now fuel pump won't prime and there's no check engine or oil pressure light when you key on all fuses seem ok are there any others hidden around anyone got any ideas what's happened
Old 28 September 2014, 08:14 PM
narelle
Scooby Regular

Anyone
Old 29 September 2014, 12:35 AM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by narelle
Anyone
No idea why the MAF would smoke and melt wires?? Never heard of that before. I gather the MAF was an incorrect one and the connectors don't match the wires from the plug? If you have melted wires there then you have possibly melted wires somewhere else. If the pump won't prime maybe the fuel pump relay? Worst case the ecu or a hidden bit of wiring in the loom.

There are five relays under the dash on the drivers side and a relay/fuse box in the bay.
Old 29 September 2014, 05:00 PM
narelle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FMJ
No idea why the MAF would smoke and melt wires?? Never heard of that before. I gather the MAF was an incorrect one and the connectors don't match the wires from the plug? If you have melted wires there then you have possibly melted wires somewhere else. If the pump won't prime maybe the fuel pump relay? Worst case the ecu or a hidden bit of wiring in the loom.

There are five relays under the dash on the drivers side and a relay/fuse box in the bay.
No mate same part number etc exactly the same there was a dead short across it my fault for not putting a multi meter across it before I fitted it bought it on faith but should have tested it hoping it's the relays or a fuse I've missed
Old 30 September 2014, 06:14 PM
narelle
Scooby Regular

Anyone