Notices

HKS Super Sequential valve - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2002, 01:24 PM
jamin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have posted this mesage on the GTi-R forum (as I have a Pulsar GTi-R) but no one has replied yet and I need an answer soon-ish! I'm fitting my brand new HKS Super Sequential Valve and Want to know whether to fiddle with the "Electronic Idle Stabilizer" I think they'r they only english words in the entire manual, hence why I thought it must be important.

Ben
Old 31 May 2002, 02:02 PM
EvoRSX
Scooby Regular

jamin,
Have you bought the electronic idle stablisier to go with the dump valve then? I couldn't decide from reading your post whether you had bought this or not?

Normally, the dump valve is sold on it's own without the stabiliser and then if you have problems with the car stalling, you can buy the stabiliser to correct it. I've got a HKS SSQV fitted to my Evo without the stabiliser and I don't get any problems with it at all.

Hope this helps

Andy
Old 31 May 2002, 02:10 PM
jamin
Scooby Regular

Question

Hi Andy,
Not sure whether I have the stabilizer or not, all I can see is in the Japanese insructions there is a picture of the dump valve and an arrow pointing to the screw type thing on the back with the words "Electronic Idle Stabilizer" (in English?????) and some arrows which seem to show you can turn the screw for whatever reason! Not sure whether I needed to or not!?
Thanks
Old 31 May 2002, 02:48 PM
EvoRSX
Scooby Regular

Jamin,
The screw on the back is not the electronic idle stabliser. The screw adjusts the strength of the spring that is holding the valve closed and so the further you close the screw, the more boost pressure is needed before the valve opens.

The electronic idle stabiliser is a seperate electronic box that is bought seperately and can be used to cure idle problems, should they occur after you've fitted the HKS dump valve.

What I've found works best is that if you let your car coast 'in gear' before dipping the clutch and freewheeling then you won't get any idle problems but if you dip the clutch from greater than 3,500 rpm and let the revs fall then you may stall because the dump valve will still be open when you start idling and air bypasses the airflow meter and causes problems.

Andy
Old 31 May 2002, 02:54 PM
jamin
Scooby Regular

Smile

Nice one, Thank you for your help!