Notices

tgv cel

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2014, 08:33 AM
kirky1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tgv cel

Im picking up a new car today with a cel on it, i told the owner to get it on a diagnostic machine and he said he got it checked at the weekend and it come up with maf sensor and tumble generator valve sensor. He said hes replaced the maf and the garage told him not to worry to much about the tgv as it wont affect the engine or anything. Is this correct ? will it be ok to drive about 100 miles home? how do i go about fixing the tgv i cant find any replacement sensors on ebay, does cleaning them normally make the light go away? cheers
Old 17 June 2014, 09:31 AM
andijones
Scooby Regular

Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kirky1
Im picking up a new car today with a cel on it, i told the owner to get it on a diagnostic machine and he said he got it checked at the weekend and it come up with maf sensor and tumble generator valve sensor. He said hes replaced the maf and the garage told him not to worry to much about the tgv as it wont affect the engine or anything. Is this correct ? will it be ok to drive about 100 miles home? how do i go about fixing the tgv i cant find any replacement sensors on ebay, does cleaning them normally make the light go away? cheers
I,ve had same issue once... tgv did slow it down a fair bit... had them replaced at great cost but worth it..
Old 17 June 2014, 12:13 PM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes get damage when turbo being replaced ive a set off tgv if needed pm me have sensors on them.