Notices

Induction

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2014, 03:23 AM
Mark10sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Induction

I'm using a hdi gt2 fmic on a bug hawk converted front end and was wondering if inner wing induction as the pipe work route suggests or in the bay as rcm suggested to using this kit

Has anyone fitted this induction, and does it fit or what filter do I need for inner wing as suggested by Scooby clinic
Oh daily driver at the moment btw
Old 25 April 2014, 09:49 AM
thunder8
Scooby Regular

it that your car or a picture ????

i have the same air filter as picture a rcm £173 item ..

the front mount kit i got was japspeed and the airfilter sits on top not underneath the pipe work .like the picture its pretty tight and had to modify a pipe as still using maf senser and housing which is fairly big on my classic ..

lots of debait as to inner wing airfilter ..theres a thread somewhere some lad was having boost problems he took his inner wing airfilter out was A rusty B you could hardly see the blue filter it was caked up so much ,i sold him my old airbox and green filter for postage fee and he happy as car all sorted ..

so as a daily i would say rcm as bay dosn,t get that wet or dirty really ,,inner wing unless you can stop water from your wheel and are prepared to take filter off a lot during the winter for it to dry out as a daily ..if its a weekend toy inner wing on the understanding you will need to take off and clean maybe 4 times a year depending on how much you use it

i think a lot people would like to use the inner wing but its stopping the water getting on it and also when it freezes and condension gets on it you need to find a way for that to dry out (in the engine the heat from the engine will dry it out ) everybody knows a water clogged air filter is not good

everybody has there own thoughts on it ..
Old 25 April 2014, 12:47 PM
Mark10sti
Scooby Regular

As suggested yes it's just a picture, I didn't want to take the plunge as it's an expensive kit, Perrin do an inner wing cover, but as you so rightly said there will be more Maintainance involved, if using the inner wing option, if it should make a difference to opinion the car will be making circa 500bhp