Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Calling Matt Neame...

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2010, 11:59 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling Matt Neame...

.. hello fella,

You expressed an interest if I was ever to sell the inlet manifold from my car..

Well, it is now available and thought I would offer to you before putting it in general. Although from the other thread, I understand you haven't had a whole lot of luck

Let me know if you're interested and can hold it for you if you want.

cheers
rossi
Old 25 March 2010, 12:02 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You're selling some quality part outs Rossy, the replacements must be stonking !!!
Old 25 March 2010, 12:19 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Cheers Stu

Got loads more to put up yet.. Teg sport headers, waterspray kit, Adaptronics ECU, Goodridge 811 hose and some Earls Ano-Tuff fittings...

It looks like this under the bonnet now...

Old 25 March 2010, 12:30 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lush mate, absolutely minty mint ! even down to shiney new flexi pipe protectors. Can't wait to see it in action.
Old 25 March 2010, 12:35 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
Lush mate, absolutely minty mint ! even down to shiney new flexi pipe protectors. Can't wait to see it in action.
Was hoping it would be ready for Marham but was not to be. I've promised myself to make shows/events now that I've spent so much money on it, just want to enjoy it now.
Old 25 March 2010, 01:34 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmmmmm candy red IM. Yes I do want it but might have to get you to hold it till next month for me fella if you don't mind? Damn cars are costing me a fortune at the moment just to keep on the road. About this far (...) from selling them both and buying something else non subaru and non ford that doesn't give me hassle.
Old 25 March 2010, 01:49 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mneame
mmmmmm candy red IM. Yes I do want it but might have to get you to hold it till next month for me fella if you don't mind? Damn cars are costing me a fortune at the moment just to keep on the road. About this far (...) from selling them both and buying something else non subaru and non ford that doesn't give me hassle.
Hi fella,

Happy to hold it for you fella

Not sure of the value but was thinking around £80 ish? No idea tbh.

I am looking for a Fiesta for the missus if you know of any 'reliable' ones

Ford and Subaru... not a good mix. Should have gone with Honda and Toyota

Trending Topics

Old 25 March 2010, 04:24 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossi_p
Hi fella,

Happy to hold it for you fella

Not sure of the value but was thinking around £80 ish? No idea tbh.

I am looking for a Fiesta for the missus if you know of any 'reliable' ones

Ford and Subaru... not a good mix. Should have gone with Honda and Toyota

Cheers Fella. £80 is ok with me.

I know someone selling a Clio. She's had it from new, black. I think it's about 3 or 4 years old. Not sure how much she wants for it. I can find out if you want?

Thing with my fiesta is it's 12 years old and starting to need most of the big bits replacing. If it can hold out till the missus can get a job when her maternity pay finishes, i'll think about changing then. Could be time for a nice blob sti. I detailed a type 25 spec c the other day. Only had to move it in and out of the unit but it was so much more comfortable. Plus at around £12k it's a whole lot of car for the same money as a new corsa or similar. Other choice would be an e46 m3.
Old 25 March 2010, 04:40 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Cheers Fella. £80 is ok with me.

I know someone selling a Clio. She's had it from new, black. I think it's about 3 or 4 years old. Not sure how much she wants for it. I can find out if you want?

Thing with my fiesta is it's 12 years old and starting to need most of the big bits replacing. If it can hold out till the missus can get a job when her maternity pay finishes, i'll think about changing then. Could be time for a nice blob sti. I detailed a type 25 spec c the other day. Only had to move it in and out of the unit but it was so much more comfortable. Plus at around £12k it's a whole lot of car for the same money as a new corsa or similar. Other choice would be an e46 m3.
Cracking Happy to hold it for you fella... Or, you can fit it now and owe me next month? Up to you...

Think the Clio will be too expensive. We're looking for a £800 to £1k runabout so the girlfriend can drive down the shops etc.. If you know of anything, let me know..

I was driving David O'Brien of APi fame JDM twin scroll whilst they worked on my car. Lovely car to drive the blobs...

Unit..? You have your own premises now?

Driven an e46, nice cars but not something that 'thrills'. I'd take the E39 M5 every time.
Old 25 March 2010, 04:58 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossi_p
Cracking Happy to hold it for you fella... Or, you can fit it now and owe me next month? Up to you...

Think the Clio will be too expensive. We're looking for a £800 to £1k runabout so the girlfriend can drive down the shops etc.. If you know of anything, let me know..

I was driving David O'Brien of APi fame JDM twin scroll whilst they worked on my car. Lovely car to drive the blobs...

Unit..? You have your own premises now?

Driven an e46, nice cars but not something that 'thrills'. I'd take the E39 M5 every time.

I've got some otherbits due (parallel fuel lines) so when I've got those I'll settle up with you and pick it up.

I've liked the newage since I drove Kev D's bug last year. Much more comfy than the early classics that I was used to. My STi3 is more comfortable than my previous 2 though.

Nope no premisies yet. Would like to think that once the missus is back working I'll be able to go for it full time. I was up at Mocom detailing a car for Zak. It is nicer being able to pull a car inside when the light goes or it starts raining.

I've had a go in a couple of e46 m3s. There's not the kick of the turbo engine but I do like them. I could disable the indicators if I got one too Not had a play in an e39 m5 yet. Wouldn't say no to one though.
Old 25 March 2010, 05:35 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

I've got some otherbits due (parallel fuel lines) so when I've got those I'll settle up with you and pick it up.

I've liked the newage since I drove Kev D's bug last year. Much more comfy than the early classics that I was used to. My STi3 is more comfortable than my previous 2 though.

Nope no premisies yet. Would like to think that once the missus is back working I'll be able to go for it full time. I was up at Mocom detailing a car for Zak. It is nicer being able to pull a car inside when the light goes or it starts raining.

I've had a go in a couple of e46 m3s. There's not the kick of the turbo engine but I do like them. I could disable the indicators if I got one too Not had a play in an e39 m5 yet. Wouldn't say no to one though.
Good stuff! Let me know when you're ready..

Parrallel lines.. many mods on the horizon then?

A unit would be nice so you can fit all the proper lighting etc... My garage is 1 1/2 times wide but due to clutter and that the door is quite narrow, I can't get all the way round it.

A mate of mine just brought a house and has a huge double for his Zed. Spent a weekend over there doing his car for him.. nice being inside
Old 25 March 2010, 05:52 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

cheers

the lines are via trails and are a good price. as i wanted to paint or change my IM I thought I might as well go for the lines while everything was off. also have a fuel lab fpr left over from the ra so going to fit that as well. mainly just for a bit of bling lol. got a knocklink going in and an eboost 2. there are some better pads lined up ready to go in and then i'll look to get some braided lines on. then if i'm keeping it i'll look to save up for a mapable ecu so that i can do a few other bits. nothing major, circa 320/320 will do me.

a unit would also allow me to spend more time on the cars as well and really refine the finish. a day to do a detail as you know is possible, but to be able to have a car for 2, 3 or 4 days would be better.

if house prices were better i think i'd look at that route as a double garage would be plenty to detail in and travel time to work would be minimal
Old 25 March 2010, 06:02 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

cheers

the lines are via trails and are a good price. as i wanted to paint or change my IM I thought I might as well go for the lines while everything was off. also have a fuel lab fpr left over from the ra so going to fit that as well. mainly just for a bit of bling lol. got a knocklink going in and an eboost 2. there are some better pads lined up ready to go in and then i'll look to get some braided lines on. then if i'm keeping it i'll look to save up for a mapable ecu so that i can do a few other bits. nothing major, circa 320/320 will do me.

a unit would also allow me to spend more time on the cars as well and really refine the finish. a day to do a detail as you know is possible, but to be able to have a car for 2, 3 or 4 days would be better.

if house prices were better i think i'd look at that route as a double garage would be plenty to detail in and travel time to work would be minimal
I've a few other bits for sale as per the general sale forum. not sure if there is anything there you will want though..?

1 day is pushing it but you always do a top job in that time scale . I'm a bit slower as still learning so setting aside 4 days in a few weeks to do mine.

That would be the dream.. get up, pee, go downstairs, breakfast & tea, back door, garage door, work.
Old 25 March 2010, 06:17 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

i'll have a look

cheers i aim to get the best correction possible given the time scale. without really going into the ins and outs, 4 days is a nice time to detail in. day 1 to give a good wash and proper clean, clay etc. then day 2 the correction, day 3 refining the finish and applying the lsp with it left overnight. day 4 to buff off the lsp residue and apply another layer, interior clean and then a final buff of the second coat

speed comes with practice and knowing the best pad polish combo for the paint you're correcting. you're better off taking your time as you'll get a better finish.

yup, i'd love that. roll out of bed into the office. one day i'll have it.
Old 25 March 2010, 06:17 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

how did you get on with the adaptronic ecu on the scoob and who did you get to map it!!!
Old 25 March 2010, 06:37 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby seb
how did you get on with the adaptronic ecu on the scoob and who did you get to map it!!!
Hi fella,

The Adaptronic itself was excellent and very adjustable. A few mappers has a look (such as JGM) and thought it to be a very capable ECU.

I did have one problem with it. The car would shut down in heavy traffic (ie stationary for an hour or so). After a lot of testing (crank/cam sensros etc) and adjusting I went for a Simtek. Adaptronic have since admitted that some ecus had firmware bugs and caused temperature reading to go off scale and in some cars, caused the ECU to shut down. They have now released new firmware that are supposed to cure this.. Downloads all the software and firmware is free.

Overall, it was a very good ECU with lots of good features and is a MAFless ECU Adaptronic e420c If I could have got the new firmware and had time to test it again, I wouldn't have changed but I just lost patience.

My old one will be going up for sale but will need to new firmware to be uploaded vby the new owner. The previous owner loves these ECUs and has asked for first refusal on it, hence why I haven't put it up for sale yet.

Trust this helps...

kind regards
rossi
Old 25 March 2010, 08:50 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Motor looks great Ross, whats the spec on her now?
Old 25 March 2010, 09:13 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by frayz
Motor looks great Ross, whats the spec on her now?
Cheers fella... very chuffed having her back..

Engine spec..

Ej22t closed deck block, 2.35cc
CP custom side coated forged pistons
Pauter Chro-moly forged rods
ACL Competition bearings
Modified 2.5 STi crank
Cometic gaskets
11mm ARP studs and bolts
V4 Sti Heads
272 Prodrive uprated camshafts
CDF Racing Vernier Pulleys
Titanium inlet valves & valve springs
Inconel exhaust valves
Bronze valve guides
Carl Davey insulated fuel rails
740cc flow matched injectors
Bosch Motorsport 10 bar fuel pump
Braided fuel lines and anodised fittings
Fuelab fuel pressure regulator and gauge
AFP MD321T Turbo
APi Inlet manifold insulators
CDF Racing alloy crank and power steering pulleys
Simota induction – wing mounted
Rotated inlet manifold
Hybrid GT2 Spec FMIC
Mongoose 3” exhaust
3” de-cat open neck down-pipe (wrapped)
Teg Sport up-pipe (wrapped)
Ceramic coated tubular headers
APi modified oil pump
Prodrive baffled oil sump (proper baffle sump rather thana baffle plate).
RCM oil catch can with return to sump

I may have forgotten something....

Limiting factor is the turbo. It just can't shift enough air to make the most of the cams/valves etc. Bottom end can certainly handle more. No money left so will wait and see and maybe try a V. That said, reliability is what I'm after and I need driving lessons to make the most of it as it is. Seriously quick!
Old 26 March 2010, 12:57 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

mmmmmm tasty spec. got to be pulling close to 500 of each hasn't it?
Old 26 March 2010, 09:42 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

GT35 Ross, bay and spec are fantastic
Old 26 March 2010, 10:58 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

mmmmmm tasty spec. got to be pulling close to 500 of each hasn't it?
Afraid not... the T just doesn't shift that much air. would easily be a 500/500 car with a V or as per Ian, a GT35.

Originally Posted by trails
GT35 Ross, bay and spec are fantastic
Cheers fella. Very happy boy. GT35 or V would be ideal but funds are all gone. I spent money on things like those Prodrive/Recaro seats and the MOs. Simply couldn't justify spending anymore... (at this stage )
Old 26 March 2010, 11:15 AM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt bother going rotated if youre gonna keep it on the road Ross. A V will do pretty much what a GT30R will do. And a 35R wont be that nice to drive on the road. Maybe on a 2.5 but maybe not as nice on the 2.35.

Its up to you where you want your power to come in. The 35R would be awesome, but it will move your power to the right of the graph and make the car more peaky. I honestly dont think it would be that laggy, but if youre looking for the ultimate road id say get a GT30R... in that case the V will do the same with less stuff to buy.

If you want a 35R later... go rotated.

If you want to go rotated... get in touch with me before my pipes go on.
Old 26 March 2010, 11:34 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by frayz
I wouldnt bother going rotated if youre gonna keep it on the road Ross. A V will do pretty much what a GT30R will do. And a 35R wont be that nice to drive on the road. Maybe on a 2.5 but maybe not as nice on the 2.35.

Its up to you where you want your power to come in. The 35R would be awesome, but it will move your power to the right of the graph and make the car more peaky. I honestly dont think it would be that laggy, but if youre looking for the ultimate road id say get a GT30R... in that case the V will do the same with less stuff to buy.

If you want a 35R later... go rotated.

If you want to go rotated... get in touch with me before my pipes go on.
Thanks v much for the advice fella... Listened to you last time and stuck with the T (which is still plenty quick enough for me) rather than trying to find the funds to go rotated.

By the time I am ready to upgrade the turbo, I expect there will be another improvement on the V so will wait and see.

Also listened to your advice for the V3's and they are possibly my favourite mod .. after my seats.
Old 02 May 2010, 04:56 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Matt - are you still interested in this? I've tried text and pm but not heard anything? I hope everything is okay.

Could you please let me know if you are still interested as otherwise I will put it up in general.

Many thanks
rossi
Old 02 May 2010, 10:37 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Matt doesn't normally come on over the weekends, wait till Tuesday if you can.
Old 03 May 2010, 06:36 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

You have a text from me too Matt