Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Well it's time for me to step down as the Essex SIDC R/0

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2008, 06:43 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well it's time for me to step down as the Essex SIDC R/0

Well yep as the title really , I Have given this lots of thought & consideration and now after 7+ years im now stepping down as the SIDC Essex regional organiser

Firstly i would like to thank you all for supporting the many events that we have arranged locally , Nationally & internationally & i firmly believe that we have put Essex on the subaru enthusiasts map Big time !!

I Feel it's time for some fresh blood to take over & to help keep the liason with the SIDC & ESC As close as it's ever been , Again i would not step down without a replacement already sorted & after a bit of arm twisting & a few words from myself & Phil

BR14N - Has now taken on my old role as the ....

New SIDC Essex Regional organsier

I Would like to wish BR14N All the very best in his new role & long may you continue to support him as well as you have supported me

Long live the SIDC/ESC Combination that we have worked so hard over the years continue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Will not be going anywhere & will continue to look after everything ESC and continue to work with Phil & Br14n , But i feel i have lost alot of the motivation , enthusiasm for the events that i once had & do not want to see the ESC Suffer from a result of that , So hence my decision to step down now

Regards Tiny ...
Old 22 June 2008, 06:51 PM
Peter 300
Scooby Regular

TINY TINY TINY

GOOD LUCK BR4IN
Old 22 June 2008, 07:12 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Old 22 June 2008, 07:18 PM
essexboy30
Scooby Regular

Tiny i would like to thank you for all your hard work as RO for the ESC.
I remember meeting you when i came to my first event and your enthusiasm was infections.
You've put yourself out for so many of us in the ESC and for the ESC.

Brian i wish you all the best for future, you have some big shoes to fill (literally), but i believe you can make a great job of it.... Good luck!
Old 22 June 2008, 07:20 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Well Done BigBoy,

I truley don't know how you have kept it going for so long.

Well Done bri4n for stepping up to the challenge

Does that mean you will have some time for golf now?
Old 22 June 2008, 07:34 PM
spally
Scooby Regular

understand your decision 100% Tiny and am sure i speak on behalf of everyone, new and old, when i say a very big thank you for all you have done to make to the club what it is today.

Brian, good luck in the future matey and i am sure i am not alone in getting behind you. If you need any help with anything just shout fella
Old 22 June 2008, 07:52 PM
wimpy
Scooby Regular

Bit of a shock big fella. But i am sure we will see you at a show some time. Thanks for making us lot in Bucks fell welcome in Essex.

Bri4n. As already said, some big shoes to fill but you can be asured we will all be behind you.

Cheers
Iain
Old 22 June 2008, 07:58 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Wow - I'm shocked (not something easily done).

Tiny & Brian - both myself and Gooner can only repeat what has already been said and echo it sincerely. Tiny, you've organised some great events and its probably not an easy thing to "herd" so many sheep - any long may the flock keep going under Brians watchful eye!

Old 22 June 2008, 09:20 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If im honest, i could see this coming after talking to you on numerous occasions mate. Its fair enough too.

You... and Karen have done an amazing job over the years but its easy to see how much work is involved in the organisation of everything and all that goes with it.

I really hope you dont get too down with it now you have passed on responsibility of the R/O to Brian. I still want to club to stay the same as it has always been.... truely awesome.

Of all the people to take it on .I genuinely think Brian will do a great job. He has the mindset, enthusiasm and drive to continue what is without doubt the best region of the SIDC. He has a huge set of shoes to fill and im sure he is only too aware of the task in hand.

I hope he is also aware that we, certainly i will back him 110% and will continue help where possible.

So Brian, all the best buddy. Wishing you well with the venture

Tiny and Karen, you have made the ESC what its is today...

As the saying goes...

Mr/Mrs Hutchingson dont make car clubs,

but if they did...

Frayz
Old 22 June 2008, 09:21 PM
Michaela
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all your hard work and for making Frayz and I feel so welcome in the ESC.
You have done a great job and I am sure Brian will continue to do so
Old 22 June 2008, 09:30 PM
wozzaa
Scooby Regular

Tiny
A big thank you for every thing you've done, you & mrs ESC can be very proud of what you have done for the SIDC in Essex

Old 22 June 2008, 09:31 PM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

Tiny,

Well done on all the effort in the past!!!

And good luck to Brian....

A great choice.

Bibo
Old 22 June 2008, 09:35 PM
Wilf-01
Scooby Regular

Tiny and Karen thanks for everything, all your hard work etc, I must admit it did bring a tear to my eye when I read Tiny was stepping down, you have done a fantastic job.x

Brian good luck and Im sure things will go well for you and everyone will give you there support.

Sti-cki
Old 22 June 2008, 09:41 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Tiny,

You have done us all proud, nothing to apologise giving yourself some kind of life back.

As Frayz has said above, I have really been waiting for this post, I have seen you from the beginnings of the ESC, and I must say, you do not go to as many meets/events as you used to, but you do have a life away from the ESC.

I thank you for everything that you have put into making everyones enjoyment come first .......... Maybe you should also pass the crook over to Bri4n, and lets hope that the flock give him as much support as they have shown you .

Well done
Old 22 June 2008, 09:41 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Tiny I would like to add my thanks & a big well done to you for all the work you have put into the club along with Karen. Over the past how many years? Geez it doesn't seem that long ago we were Scooby newbies & arranging the first impromptu meets & events that only a handful of us attended.

Just look at what it has grown into now.You should be proud of that as being quite an achievement & no mean feat & I fully understand your decision to step down. Most people tend to only see the end result & don't fully realise just how much goes on behind the scenes to get meets & events up & running smoothly. And this is where you have always gone the extra mile mate.

Good luck to Brian & well done to you for taking on the task of being Tiny's replacement. You have my full support & if there is anything I can do to help I will.

Mark
Old 22 June 2008, 09:52 PM
sheikhlala
Scooby Regular

Not been a member as long as some and haven`t attended much but have always been made very welcome. A massive thanks to Tiny for all your efforts and the best of luck and congratulations to Brian for the future.
Cheers
Old 22 June 2008, 10:10 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Like Mark I remember the early days and have to say how over the years you've kept your sanity, marriage and family together with the amount of time, effort and sheer dedication is amazing.

Just think you wont have to delete thousands of mine or Nates posts anymore

I'm sure Karen, Courtney & Shane may appreciate seeing a bit more of you even if you do have to give up your 10% lol

Jokes aside your contribution to the ESC is without doubt truly outstanding

Brian, I wish you luck, keeping a club this size on track is going to be a mammoth task for anyone but I'm sure you will rise to the challange
Old 22 June 2008, 10:19 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

I knew this was coming for quite a while now, so for me it's no surprise.

I'm going to be honest now, We all know what Tiny is like, he wouldn't say boo to a goose, and he's always there for people. When I found out my brother had died, he said that if I ever needed a shoulder to cry on, I could call him or pop over to ESC HQ no matter what the time was. Yes I did call, and he was very supportive, it was a relief to be able to talk to someone. Yes, I'm quiet, and I find it hard to express my presonal feelings, but Tiny has the knack of saying the right thing, and I thank him for that. As I've said before, I'm not the easiest of people to get on with, but he makes the time to have a chat!!

I know how the show seasons have taken a toll on him, and Tiny has said on one of our chats that how he felt obligated at one stage to attend every event in the show season calendar! It's not easy! after all, just going back 2 years ago, there was something going on every weekend, a lot of which Tiny had organised!! Thankfully, because of people like Brian, they have lifted the heavy burden off of Tiny's shoulders, so he could take more of a back seat role.

It seems to me now that if Tiny isn't going to a meet/event, quite a number of people will also drop out. I just hope this isn't going to become a trend.

I know from experience how much behind the scenes work goes into organising events, and Brian will need the continued support to help with this, we can't let him do all the work alone.

Well done Tiny and Karen for all of your hard work and dedication, I know it wasn't an easy decision for you. Now you can take a backseat, and enjoy the ride

Brian, if you need any help, give me a shout mate
Old 22 June 2008, 10:52 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Thankyou for all your had work and dedication over the years Tiny.

Good luck in the drivers seat BRI4N
Old 22 June 2008, 11:26 PM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

I would like to echo I would like to echo everyone else’s comments, I have only been a member for a year now and I feel like I have known you for years because of your great attitude in welcoming new members to the club. You have done a great job

Good luck with taking over Brian, as said by most I am sure you will do a great job and if you need any help with things there will always be plenty of us here to help
Old 22 June 2008, 11:53 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Not much to say really

Tiny AND Karen you have made Essex what it is today The ESC are now like one big family and I am sure you will continue to be there for the "Family"

Bri4n's fresh enthusiasim for the events should ensure members new and old can continue to experiance all the events the SIDC are involved with

Tiny - THANKS YOU HAVE HELPED ME STICK WITH IT FOR ALL THESE YEARS

BRI4N - GOODLUCK MATE
Old 23 June 2008, 12:59 AM
7REV
Scooby Regular

Not much I can add to whats already been said.

A huge thanks to Tiny for all the hard work and effort put in making the ESC the greatest car club in the world always friendly and welcoming!

If anyone can continue the success of the ESC its BRI4N
BRI4N was the first member we ever spoke to, Back on our first posers cruise, freezing cold night if I remember, he made the effort to look for us in the Tesco carpark and come and say hello, might seem a small thing to some, but when your new and don't know anybody its hard not to feel like a gooseberry, BRI4N made us feel welcome
Old 23 June 2008, 08:55 AM
VTEC to Turbo
Scooby Regular

Tiny & Karen thanks for everything. You have genuinely made all new comers welcome. A rare thing in this day and age.

Brian - best of luck I'm sure you'll get all the support you need from every member of the ESC.
Old 23 June 2008, 09:00 AM
Joooooooooo
Scooby Regular

Oh dear im sitting at my pooter at 8:47am all choked up like a wally.

Thankyou Tiny and Karen for some brilliant memories and im sure there will plenty more to follow.

You've worked so hard on every event and always made everyone feel welcome, aswell as be there for us all when needed.

Love to say you have your house back now its not HQ but i seriusly doubt that cos we'll all still be comming over

Love You Both Always Joooooooooo, Big Mick, Lizzy & Billy X X X X
Old 23 June 2008, 09:38 AM
Joooooooooo
Scooby Regular

Well Brian & Tracy

Goodluck and all the best in your new post

Im sure you'll both do very well and get all the support you'll ever need.

Once again good luck

Soooooooo whens the first HQ paaaaaaaaaaaartaa
only kiddin lol.
Old 23 June 2008, 10:06 AM
spally
Scooby Regular

how could i have forgotten to mention Karen!!!!! 1 very unsung hero of the ESC.
Old 23 June 2008, 10:08 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

Well Well Tiny

Hasn't come as a surprise to me, I know the years have worn you down.

I certainly know how you feel running 2 car clubs myself, I'm lucky that the clubs are national so I can keep a distance from it as its not on my door step like the ESC is.

You are like a brother to me and I know this is a great weight lifted from your shoulders - Mrs ESC can now have more work done around the house, that's for sure

You've both worked extremely hard and the results shine out - look at the ESC SIDC forums and events attendances and how they've grown over the years - its all your doings bro - you should be VERY proud of yourselves and leaving a great legacy for Brian to continue.

Last edited by rb5 286; 23 June 2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 23 June 2008, 11:26 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much an echo of the words already posted above.

Well done to Tiny and Karen for all your hard work over the years making the ESC what it is today.

Good luck to Brian and Tracey, I'm sure all of the ESC members will support you as much as they have supported Tiny and Karen over the years.

Looking forward to a new chapter for the one and only ESC!
Old 23 June 2008, 01:47 PM
Mrs spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Best Wishes Tiny and Karen in your retirement

But seriously thank you for all your efforts and time put into organsing the events, it is hard to find enough time to attend the events let alone organise them you should be very proud of the work you have both put in and how the club has grown without you we could still be like the MSOC (only joking)!!

Anyway good luck Brian and Tracey in your new ESC role.
Old 23 June 2008, 03:45 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been thinking of something to type all last night and all day today. Just can't think of anything that expresses what i want to say.

good luck to Brian. You've got a hell of a pair of shoes to fill mate but am sure that you'll manage it. We'll all be here to support you any way we can.

Quick Reply: Well it's time for me to step down as the Essex SIDC R/0