Widetrack - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Widetrack

Reply

 
 
 
Old 31 October 2018, 04:23 PM
  #1  
Rock god
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Herts broxted
Posts: 9
Default Widetrack

ok need a bit of help here,Iím after an Sti blobeye widetrack uk car,got my eye in one but canít tell from piccies if itís a widetrack and the owner isnít sure,300 miles is a long way to go for nothing,does it say on the logbook if itís a widetrack model,cheers in advance
Rock god is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 04:58 PM
  #2  
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Jay Cartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,426
Default

If it's a widetrack it should have DCCD and the little arch extensions on the rear arches. What year is it?
Jay Cartay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 05:02 PM
  #3  
Rock god
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Herts broxted
Posts: 9
Default

It’s on a 54 plate the arches look as you describe but can’t really tell for sure,it’s on eBay at £11250 just under 40 thousand miles,thanks
Rock god is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 05:33 PM
  #4  
hackisfun
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Newtownards - Northern Ireland
Posts: 196
Default

Overpriced for a blobeye

I got an 06 hawkeye prodrive pack, uprated clutch 64k miles with private reg A9 WRX included in sale. for less.

Get the wheel PCD measured widetrack is 5*114.4 non is 5x100
hackisfun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 06:32 PM
  #5  
scotty boy 80
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ecosse
Posts: 629
Default

If it's a widetrack with that low genuine miles and good history I'd be happy to pay round about that price.
scotty boy 80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 08:22 PM
  #6  
Bryan Gallacher
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Cumnock
Posts: 95
Default

Originally Posted by Rock god View Post
ok need a bit of help here,Iím after an Sti blobeye widetrack uk car,got my eye in one but canít tell from piccies if itís a widetrack and the owner isnít sure,300 miles is a long way to go for nothing,does it say on the logbook if itís a widetrack model,cheers in advance

If the owner isn't sure then I'd be very reluctant to buy the car. He obviously knows very little about the cars, which would make you wonder what oil etc he's been using, fuel, parts. sounds risky to me. ps. mine is for sale.
Bryan Gallacher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06 November 2018, 02:37 PM
  #7  
Jay kay
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 217
Default

Originally Posted by hackisfun View Post
Overpriced for a blobeye

I got an 06 hawkeye prodrive pack, uprated clutch 64k miles with private reg A9 WRX included in sale. for less.

Get the wheel PCD measured widetrack is 5*114.4 non is 5x100
From what I've seen, the Blobeye widetracks will be worth more than the hawkeye as they have the 2 litre engine. The 2.5 in the hawk devalues it quite a bit despite it being a newer shape.

OP, I assume the car on ebay has now sold?
Jay kay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06 November 2018, 03:27 PM
  #8  
Rock god
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Herts broxted
Posts: 9
Default

Car still for sale and it’s a blobeye
Rock god is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06 November 2018, 03:27 PM
  #9  
Rock god
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Herts broxted
Posts: 9
Default

It’s up in Hexam on eBay £11250
Rock god is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06 November 2018, 03:43 PM
  #10  
Jay kay
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 217
Default

Found it. It s a UK car and its not a widetrack. Price is therefore high, however this will be because its only got 39k on the clock. It's also got the pre-facelift interior which I always think looks a little dated these days.

If you want a low miles car and are happy to pay over the odds to get it then go for it. Personally I'd not pay much over about 9k for a stock UK STI even with decent miles.
Jay kay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07 November 2018, 07:57 AM
  #11  
Bryan Gallacher
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Cumnock
Posts: 95
Default

Originally Posted by Jay kay View Post
Found it. It s a UK car and its not a widetrack. Price is therefore high, however this will be because its only got 39k on the clock. It's also got the pre-facelift interior which I always think looks a little dated these days.

If you want a low miles car and are happy to pay over the odds to get it then go for it. Personally I'd not pay much over about 9k for a stock UK STI even with decent miles.
Yeah like mine
Bryan Gallacher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Wrx sti Ed
ScoobyNet General
9
23 August 2015 07:26 PM
powerwrx
ScoobyNet General
27
05 January 2015 09:19 PM
robbie1988
Suspension
4
21 December 2014 12:48 AM
DTVHSR
General Technical
1
17 October 2014 09:17 AM
555gc8
ScoobyNet General
11
17 April 2012 11:19 PM

Forum Jump

Thread Tools
Search this Thread