Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

FB Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2017, 07:02 PM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FB Tuning

Just to share my experience, found Richard to be mentioned a lot in the Scooby community so instead of going to Paul at Xtreme I decided to change it up, and to be fair Richard come in a fair bit cheaper. Also I use the car for work, Paul needed 4 days, Richard took 1! Not to slate Paul at all as I've used him in the past and his work is great, but I think I've been converted for now.

Had Cambelt, water pump, clutch and flywheel replaced and had some other issues diagnosed.

Found Richard to be very honest and didn't beat around the bush, neither did he try and sell me anything above what I had asked for. His prices were very reasonable and put me onto Tom at Sprinting Hare JDM who's parts prices were great. (I had never heard of sprinting hare jdm before this).

So I'd very much recommend a visit to Richard if your stuck for somewhere to go, he also just purchased an S203 in white! ...which I was massively jealous of, so I imagine we'll be hearing of this in the near future.
Old 08 April 2017, 08:34 PM
spindle121
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Rich @FB. Is a Top man

wouldn't take my hatch any where else.
Old 10 April 2017, 01:22 PM
scout1982
Scooby Regular

Both Richard and Tom are top men
Old 10 April 2017, 01:42 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Yep, big thumbs up for Rich. Top genuine bloke and a fantastic mechanic.
Old 10 April 2017, 02:24 PM
Shax
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spindle121
Rich @FB. Is a Top man

wouldn't take my hatch any where else.
Yep very good guy. Fitted all my upgrades and helped decide which parts to go for too. 1 year later my 04 uk sti still running sweet!
Old 26 April 2017, 09:13 AM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just taken my new wagon to Rich for a peace of mind health check from him, having seen people mention him on here and with him being about 30 mins from my house it made sense. Didn't have much time to chat as I only dropped it off at 5:30pm but he seemed like a decent bloke, and his S203 looked lovely from what I saw of it. Looking forward to a clean bill of health (fingers crossed!) and an invoice from him later today.
Old 07 July 2017, 08:42 AM
t79boy
Scooby Regular

Mine just came back from Rich last night .... Personally been taking my scoob to him for about 7 years and wouldn't think about going anywhere else....
Old 10 December 2017, 05:11 PM
Ascottie75
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Late to the party i know, Rich mapped my car once when it landed from Japan and the second time after i had the turbo billeted. He also fitted a complete ACT clutch/flywheel.

Everytime he has been spot on and more to the point he has cared for my car, i never thought id meet someone as fussy as me.