Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Family Reunion

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2016, 10:24 PM
T800 GEN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Family Reunion

Not sure how many people will remember the good ole rivalry between what used to be Essex Scooby Crew and Middlesex Subaru Owners Club, but since the rebranding to ESOC and a few lost members from both sides, neither club tend to have anything to do with each other anymore.

Now whilst I appreciate that monthly meets between the two clubs would not work, I don't see any reason why we can't join forces to have more meets together. I certainly feel the good hour journey is worth doing to meet up with like minded Subaru owners to enjoy our cars. Also I'm sure you can appreciate how difficult it can be to get a decent turn out to every meet. This will not only provide more meets for everyone but also increase the numbers. (hopefully)

So to start off with, who would be interested in a golf day that we are currently organising. The details can be found in the MSOC section. Here is a link...

https://www.scoobynet.com/middlesex-...hole-golf.html

We have not yet decided on a date as we are waiting for the numbers to creep up first.

As Andy pointed out on the thread in the link, this could be the beginning of an annual MSOC VS ESOC Ryder cup.
Old 17 March 2016, 10:31 PM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Hey mate I think that's a great idea. Normally I'd be bang up for a golf day (even if I'm not great!) Unfortunately I'm studying at the moment which doesntbleave me much spare time.
Hopefully we can organise something soon!
Old 18 March 2016, 02:00 PM
JWalle
Scooby Regular

I think this sounds like a great idea, I would be up for this, bear i mind I have only been TopGolf once and a driving range once before that!
Old 18 March 2016, 07:32 PM
T800 GEN
Scooby Regular

We've split the list into two groups now so those of you that are not keen on playing the 9 holes can always join the rest of us on the crazy golf! I cant play golf to save my life so that's why we decided to split it. Then probably re group for a drink and some grub afterwards.

Once we get some more names down then we can look at how we'll split the teams and decide on a date/time.

For now if you just want to add yourself to the list on either 9 holes or Mini golf. We can always edit it later if circumstances change.

Old 18 March 2016, 08:10 PM
LoganS
Scooby Regular

Why didn't you say crazy golf sooner!
Old 19 March 2016, 04:38 AM
Lillyart14
Scooby Regular

Not only golf, but maybe could think about the next meets between the two groups. Go-Karting and paintballing spring to mind. Could make this an annual event or something!
Old 19 March 2016, 08:37 AM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not a golfist myself but if I'm free i could be up for it.
Old 19 March 2016, 11:35 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frayz
I'm not a golfist myself but if I'm free i could be up for it.
Ha,ha..............You sound just like Jeremy Clarkson

JohnD
Old 22 March 2016, 01:45 PM
T800 GEN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lillyart14
Not only golf, but maybe could think about the next meets between the two groups. Go-Karting and paintballing spring to mind. Could make this an annual event or something!
There's loads of things we could do. We could take turns in hosting the events so one in Middlessex then one in Essex and so on. It would be nice to get a bit of the friendly rivalry back.

I used to love the ESC family day out in Maldon at Promenade Park. A day of rounders, football and kite flying - which frayz ended up taking far too seriously It would be great if we could bring that back in the summer.
Old 24 March 2016, 09:29 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T800 GEN
There's loads of things we could do. We could take turns in hosting the events so one in Middlessex then one in Essex and so on. It would be nice to get a bit of the friendly rivalry back.

I used to love the ESC family day out in Maldon at Promenade Park. A day of rounders, football and kite flying - which frayz ended up taking far too seriously It would be great if we could bring that back in the summer.
This all sounds very encouraging! It would be great if we could get some dates up for the warmer months!

Maybe 2016 has some potential afterall
Old 24 March 2016, 10:56 PM
T800 GEN
Scooby Regular

Ive added a new thread in the Middlesex section with a date and time so please head over there and have a look. Make sure you put your name down if you're planning on coming. Price details can be found on the West London golf centre website.
Old 02 April 2016, 10:30 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a golfer either but some other events/meets sound like a good idea.