Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Remap requirements.

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2013, 02:52 PM
DeanS15
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remap requirements.

hi, I'm new to imprezas (I come from a Nissan s15) and have been looking for a ppp blobeye, anyway I found the perfect car but it's a 2006 2.0 wrx sti type uk without the ppp.

I just wanted to know what needs doing before I go for mapping with a mild tune... I'm only going to look at ecutek or something simple like that, no point going overboard as it's not going to be heavily modified and need consant changes...

Is it the usual plugs, panel filter, exhaust and fuel pump then remap or is there anything else to consider? Also what should be expected from this? Circa 300/300+?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by DeanS15; 09 February 2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09 February 2013, 02:53 PM
DeanS15
Scooby Newbie

Also, I'd like to keep the cat as I can't be bothered doing swaps anymore
Old 09 February 2013, 03:09 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Full de cat or sports cat 2.5"/3" down to choice
Panel filter
Pfrb7 plugs
Uprated pump
3 port boost solenoid
Map

That should see you in the 330ish region give or take
People also use ported headers along with a Harvey smith trick uppipe helps greatly with spool and gives outright overall better performance over standard units, many cars run them with before and after graphs and they show clear better lines with the Harvey setup
Old 09 February 2013, 03:35 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slight thread hijack, but am I right in thinking the PPP Blob STi's come with an uprated pump already?

I may look out for a 3port solenoid before my next map.
Old 09 February 2013, 04:06 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeanS15
hi, I'm new to imprezas (I come from a Nissan s15) and have been looking for a ppp blobeye, anyway I found the perfect car but it's a 2006 2.0 wrx sti type uk without the ppp.

I just wanted to know what needs doing before I go for mapping with a mild tune... I'm only going to look at ecutek or something simple like that, no point going overboard as it's not going to be heavily modified and need consant changes...

Is it the usual plugs, panel filter, exhaust and fuel pump then remap or is there anything else to consider? Also what should be expected from this? Circa 300/300+?

Thanks in advance.
Hi there

As above

Panel filter

PFR7B

Fuel pump(HRC is good one,I've run this at 490bhp)

With those mods you should be able to make nice 300-320bhp with current exhaust in place

If you are at Kent speak to Neil@Slowboy racing,he is located just outside Brands Hatch,he will advise to you what is best matey

Jura

Originally Posted by Fonzey
Slight thread hijack, but am I right in thinking the PPP Blob STi's come with an uprated pump already?

I may look out for a 3port solenoid before my next map.
Yes STI has come with uprated pump,not sure what lph(but from few threads looking like is it 190lph)

3 port depends what turbo you are planning,many people not running 3port on their specs and they're OK

Jura
Old 09 February 2013, 04:30 PM
DeanS15
Scooby Newbie

Cheers all for the info

So just for simplicitys sake can I get away with a cat back with cat in place, walbro plugs and filter, and only if necessary a 3 port solenoid?

Im not looking for big numbers, this will all be on standard turbo with no plans of going further. I assume that with a 3 port solenoid there will be no need for an aftermarket ebc? Sorry for repeating it but I want to be sure, the main reason for the map other than livening the car up a bit is so I can set the car to run decent fuel and get the afr bang on as I hear they have a tendency to run lean at high revs even moreso with ppp maps... Does this sound right?

Again thanks for the info I would previously have gone bells and whistles with uppipes, headers, decat then on to injectors, turbo etc like i have in the past, but now I've got baby I'm having to reign all that in a bit. This is why I switched from the 2 door coupe to a scoob.
Old 09 February 2013, 04:40 PM
DeanS15
Scooby Newbie

Oh and a friend of mine had his 2.1 engine built by slowboy and he was happy with it, but I'll be using a mapper I've used before and just wanted to see what the general concensus was from other owners. Even if I were to make small changes down the line, subsequent maps won't be expensive, I just want to get the first mild tune bang on. Cheers.
Old 11 February 2013, 11:27 AM
bparkes007
Scooby Regular

sorry to hijack post... but if anyone could help that would be brilliant as i cant find a thread for this anywhere and im not able to post threads...
I have a 2.0 R sport hawkeye 56 plate, so it has 160BHP and is non turbo.. i have looked everywhere for a ecu remap for this car... i know it will not increase by a lot but i want to know if it can be done on this type of impreza and how much it will actually do as no-one i know knows?? :s
Old 08 March 2013, 11:29 PM
DeanS15
Scooby Newbie

Sorry for the long gap in replies, I've taken on board the info that's been given as I say I've got plenty of experience tuning sr20's but have to admit the sti lump is totally new to me...
Ive gone for a true 3' bellmouth decat downpipe (no divider) from turbo back, the system is 3' from there back so should all sit nicely together. I've been advised against bothering with sports cats after all the thinking about it (i got fed up swapping the one off on my s15 and wanted to avoid it if possible) and will be sticking with the sti up pipe. Also got a walbro pump and car has already got ngk 7's that were recently fitted. Did a quick oil and filter change with fully synthetic 5w40 and will stick a new fuel filter on prior to the map.

This seems to be a tried and tested route before ecutek for goods results so really looking forward to getting the map sorted, didnt realise how cheap it would be getting to where I'll be happy thanks again for the info.
Old 09 March 2013, 09:16 AM
Sy5
Scooby Regular

Mine made 332/319 with Panal filter, HRC 255 fuel pump and full Decat. Bob used open source and I was full with ESSO 97. 2002 Sti.