Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Cobb Access Port for the 08 onwards GR STI Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2012, 03:46 PM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobb Access Port for the 08 onwards GR STI Hatch

Hi all,

I'm close to sending an email to Cobb themselves, but really wanted to hear from anyone in the UK that might know/have first hand experiance themselves with the Cobb Access Port...

I now own an 08 STI hatch with PPP (my third 'Impreza' to date) and I'm really interested in trying out one of these gizmos as I've heard a lot of good things from across the pond about them, and more recently a couple of stories here in the UK. But, these have been in relation to a BMW 135 and their more recent support of Mazda's MPS range within Europe - sadly nothing on them for the UK-Subaru world as of yet. Does anyone know if we're supported yet or could be made to work for us?

The story I mentioned there on the BMW, in a nut shell, was regarding the owner using the device to take/run some kind of diagnostic and he then sent the data back to Cobb where their guys took the results the chap had recorded and used them to modify the programming slightly to suit.

Anyways, I'd be interested to hear any experiances folks may of had themselves with one (if any).
Old 26 November 2012, 04:16 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I know UK/JDM are non supported by Cobb AccessPORT at moment,maybe in future they will support them,but in moment they're not

Off course you can buy Cobb AccessPORT from USA dealers,but will not work on your 08 STi

You can ask Travis@Cobb directly on this,but from last reports JDM/UK WRX or STi are not supported

Jura
Old 27 November 2012, 08:43 AM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Thanks Jura,

I'll mail them then. I'll dig into this story about the BMW 135i and find out out what the story was there with supporting that.

D.
Old 30 November 2012, 10:19 AM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Well, from the horse's (COBB's) mouth:

They don't support any EDM Subaru, nor do they have any plans to in the future. And if attempted to use an access port, it simply wouldn't work.

Ah well, bummer.
Old 01 December 2012, 07:37 PM
Apostle
Scooby Regular

I think you'll find the pre-loaded maps are similar to PPP ie generic and not really much use to you as you have PPP.

Surely your next step would be ecu-tek a much superior mapping solution specifically for your car. A reputable mapper could easily improve on the current PPP map, and more so with a few induction / exhaust mods - really changing the character of the car ; )

A