Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

ECU information help please

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2020, 08:37 PM
Overson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU information help please

Hi I have a 99-00 uk 2000 impreza, it’s been a project of mine and still is on going.
i was going through some of the parts I have.
I have 4 ECU’s a the original one is a Y7, I also have a E3 and a SP Sti 1001056110 and one that has no case but was told when I bought it it has a ECUtec licence on it.
i know all will fit but wanted to check about the circuit boards to make sure they are correct ECU’s
The Y7 original and the ECUtec one has A19-001 DS4 the E3 and the SP sti ECU board have A19-001 DS2 on them.
im assuming the Y7 and ECUtec ECU’s are the same ECU With DS4 boards but the question I need answering is, is the SP sti ECU correct to have the DS2 circuit board ? and no one has stopped the case on it at some point.
Is there a list of what circuit boards where used on what ECU’s
If your wondering why I have 4 I got the E4 first as I was told it would improve power then I got the SP because that would be even more power but since then I’ve changed a few parts so I have decided I would best go the ECUtec direction.
Old 22 April 2020, 12:26 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

cant help you with the part numbers but your local ecutek dealer will be able to plugin and tell you which ones have a license or not on them, your mileage may vary but generally I wouldn't charge for doing this.
The following users liked this post: