Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Coil pack and Injector Current

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2018, 03:58 PM
seventune
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Coil pack and Injector Current

I'm Guessing this is the right place for this!

Can anyone on here give me an idea of what the amp draw is in the 12v feed to the injectors and 12v feed to a set of STI 8 individual coil packs? Not the signal/trigger wires the actual power feeds? Injectors are low impedance Bosch units.

Thanks people
James
Old 01 August 2018, 05:57 PM
sparrowdclxvi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coil current is based on charge time, and ramps linearly. You will see up to 8 amps on each coil. This is peak though, not continuous.
Low impedance injectors are around 2 or 3 ohms, so will draw about 4 or 5 amps initially, but the hold current is a lot less.

Why do you need to know? We might be able to help more if we know what you're going to use the information for.
Old 01 August 2018, 06:34 PM
seventune
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in the process of spacing wiring harness contact pins for my loom build and wanted to make sure that I was within a reasonable Amperage range of the pins/connectors in using. From what I had read and found out online so far I had suspected it would be around the 7 amp mark so for you to back it up and say it will be around 8 amps is well within the pins operating range.... likewise for the injectors....

I wanted to check on here just for a bit more peice of mind more than anything.... but as I said above this is for the engine harness I'll be making for the car...

So thanks for the info buddy