Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

2006 impreza sti type uk remap

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2017, 09:17 PM
2006_STI_UK
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 impreza sti type uk remap

evening,

im after some advice on getting my 2006 uk sti remapped. The car is totally standard, as it left the factory.

My my plan is to keep the car as it is, but give it a quality remap just to open it up a bit.

Can anyone in the know give me an idea of what difference the remap would make and would it be worthwhile on a bone stock sti?

Am I right in thinking the car should be around 280bhp now and maybe expect to see around 320bhp after the remap?

im also looking for recommendations for a good mapper in the northeast area. Don't mind travelling 1-2 hours.

Any my advice or input would be great, cheers.
Old 29 June 2017, 01:33 PM
HonestIago
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Definitely worthwhile so long as you're certain you won't then decide to change the exhaust or any other parts.

See below:

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co...i-uk-euro-2-5/

Andy Forrest tends to be very busy and is probably 3hrs from you but there isn't really anyone better to my knowledge. I had my classic mapped by him (twice in fact) and found him a pleasure to deal with and infinitely knowledgeable!

Last edited by HonestIago; 29 June 2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 30 June 2017, 12:11 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

although your wanting to keep the car standard, the prodrive sport cat/2nd cat delete will make a noticable different to your results and you'll still pass an MOT so well worth considering before the map along with a fuel pump. At least the prodrive sport cat is still subaru so you don't have to feel like your modding the car too much.