Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Fuel pump issues

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2017, 06:05 PM
Mustoe91
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Fuel pump issues

Having issues with my car other night I went to pop out to get some fuel started the car fine went to reverse back and it just conked out I thought I'd stalled it, went to start it back up nothing after a few phone calls and some research on the net found out my fuel pump wasn't making a noise after putting the ignition on and had been having issues with fuel cut a few weeks before so decided to upgrade my fuel pump anyway long story short replaced it still absolutely nothing it turns over just doesn't fire wondering if a fuse has blown to cause this ? If so where is the fuse located ? Another thing aswell when the car originally stalled my boost gauge doesn't work at all now don't even come on hope someone can help as I'm fed up with all these niggly little issues and thinking of selling up and moving on

HELP
Old 02 March 2017, 06:32 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

What car and spec?
Does it have an immobiliser? Could be this that's at fault.
Did you check the connecting block on top of the tank for signs of melting?
Might be worth spraying some electrical cleaner or wd40 in there.
Did you check the connecting block which is located under the rear bench seat?
Have you got a multimeter? You can check to see if you're getting power to the pump.
Is it priming now?

Last edited by ossett2k2; 02 March 2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02 March 2017, 09:54 PM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the the exact same thing happen about a year ago when reversing into a parking spot at work. The car cut out and would turn over but the fuel pump wasnt priming.

After spending an hour accessing the pump and testing it with a direct live the pump was fine. i had a blown a 15amp fuse in the fuse box near your right knee. If i remember correctly the label on the inside of the fuse cover was marked "ign". Replaced the fuse and has been fine ever since.

Try pulling all the fuses and check them one by one
Old 02 March 2017, 10:25 PM
Mustoe91
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubzy
I had the the exact same thing happen about a year ago when reversing into a parking spot at work. The car cut out and would turn over but the fuel pump wasnt priming.

After spending an hour accessing the pump and testing it with a direct live the pump was fine. i had a blown a 15amp fuse in the fuse box near your right knee. If i remember correctly the label on the inside of the fuse cover was marked "ign". Replaced the fuse and has been fine ever since.

Try pulling all the fuses and check them one by one
I shall try that tomorrow it's so frustrating

Sorry car is a 05 wrx