Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Best combo for 2.1?

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2016, 11:37 PM
SVTR
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best combo for 2.1?

Hello, im doing a complete project in my 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (Bugeye) and i dont know if im going the right way.

I got this:

- 2.1l Stroker EJ207 Closed deck
- Fully forged with Mahle Pistons, Manley Rods, Cosworth bearings and EJ25 heat threated crankshaft.
- RCM 14/14mm studs upgrade
- Deatschwerks Fuel ramps with fuel Rails + regulator
- Walbro 255 Fuel pump
- Mishimoto M-Line FMIC
- D1Spec Oil catch can
- Invidia exhaust manifold
- Complete Megan Racing 3" Exhaust + Downpipe
- NGK one step colder Grade 7 spark plugs

Now the questions, i want a great/decent spool time getting 450 or 500 maybe, because i have a really great offer of an MDX555-500 Turbo, but i dont want too much lag and it comes with the 80mm intake, so maybe i need to change the turbo position. What you'll do?

And wich size of injectors? 750cc? 1000cc?

Thank you a lot guys!
Old 20 November 2016, 08:29 PM
duster
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2.5l engine and installed holset hx35 super, it's very good bang for a buck and can be found with billet wheel also, i dont find it laggy, was a little laggy on 2l engine on the street, but with 2,5l its pretty good. 2.1 should act very similar to 2.5 in spool due to longer stroke. I belive i'm somewhere 400 ish hp at the moment and i'm not sure i need more (it's on gf8 impreza). On the street it's pointless to go way over 400, at least i cant use most of time full power, it just tries to kill me too often
Old 20 November 2016, 09:38 PM
CharlesTuna
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTR
Hello, im doing a complete project in my 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (Bugeye) and i dont know if im going the right way.

I got this:

- 2.1l Stroker EJ207 Closed deck
- Fully forged with Mahle Pistons, Manley Rods, Cosworth bearings and EJ25 heat threated crankshaft.
- RCM 14/14mm studs upgrade
- Deatschwerks Fuel ramps with fuel Rails + regulator
- Walbro 255 Fuel pump
- Mishimoto M-Line FMIC
- D1Spec Oil catch can
- Invidia exhaust manifold
- Complete Megan Racing 3" Exhaust + Downpipe
- NGK one step colder Grade 7 spark plugs

Now the questions, i want a great/decent spool time getting 450 or 500 maybe, because i have a really great offer of an MDX555-500 Turbo, but i dont want too much lag and it comes with the 80mm intake, so maybe i need to change the turbo position. What you'll do?

And wich size of injectors? 750cc? 1000cc?

Thank you a lot guys!
I'm running a similar 2.1 to you with 1000cc injectors and SC46 but on a TMIC, getting 1 bar @ 3600 rpm and 1.8bar @ 4100 all the way to the red line, 442hp and 390ftlb.

Heard good things about the MDX range of turbos, imo stick with stock location of turbo unless you've got a stash of cash for a rotated setup . . hopefully you'll get some good results
Old 20 November 2016, 11:15 PM
Turbovin
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I chose a MD321T+ turbo for my similar build but it isn't finished so I don't know how it will perform. Doing it again I would have gone rotated though, I don't like how tight everything is with a big stock location turbo.

I will use Injector Dynamics 1000cc top feed injectors.