Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Mapping

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2016, 08:45 PM
Chris Bethell
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mapping

Hi,

I have a 51 plate bug eye and i'm looking to get my car remapped, the car has a aftermarket exhaust and i'm looking to get a decat pipe and bov.

Any suggestions for a good tuner in my area? I dont want to push the car so far it goes pop, just want to get Sti stock kind of power.

Thanks!!
Old 26 October 2016, 11:03 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

I think we all know who the choice would of been there in kent god bless him , only one I can think of nearest would be bob rawle hes in Swindon very good at hes stuff. im sure there would be something nearer though.
Old 27 October 2016, 10:23 PM
topshot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is duncan at racedynamix not down that way?
Old 28 October 2016, 01:31 AM
neil97rs
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

duncan goes to canterbury once a month or surrey every week
Old 28 October 2016, 08:56 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Duncan at Surrey Rolling Road every Thursday. Top bloke.
Old 28 October 2016, 08:57 AM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

lmao, really? wouldn't let him map my tractor.
Old 28 October 2016, 09:40 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Yes. That's my comment from my incredibly positive experience following over 6 years faultless driving on my car following Duncan's map. Car always performed superbly and I can't fault his map or after car service. I only rate people by my personal experiences.

I've also used Andrew Carr. You can read my Forester thread to see how that turned out.

I'd recommend Duncan every time. I also use Rich @ FB Tuning who looked at Duncan's map on my old car and confirmed how well it was mapped.
Old 28 October 2016, 10:04 AM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

One map doesn't make a decent mapper, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Old 28 October 2016, 10:10 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Are you talking from personal experience? I am.

There are a lot of keyboard warriors & trolls on here ready to put people down with absolutely no experience of their own or grounding to base their comments on. If you have no experience of Duncan, I suggest you withdraw your comments and add something useful from YOUR personal experience.
Old 28 October 2016, 10:15 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't want to go off topic or get into the whole dynamite thing but,,
A stopped clock is right twice a day...genius!
I'm writing that one down
Old 28 October 2016, 10:39 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Duncan gets messed up reviews sometimes, a bit like his maps turn out sometimes (from personal experience BrownPantsRacing
Old 28 October 2016, 10:43 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Yes. That's my comment from my incredibly positive experience following over 6 years faultless driving on my car following Duncan's map. Car always performed superbly and I can't fault his map or after car service. I only rate people by my personal experiences.

I've also used Andrew Carr. You can read my Forester thread to see how that turned out.

I'd recommend Duncan every time. I also use Rich @ FB Tuning who looked at Duncan's map on my old car and confirmed how well it was mapped.
And from my experience I wouldnt touch either Carr the Cu nt or dynamite Duncan that you mention . . .
Old 28 October 2016, 10:56 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

I'm letting Andrew Carr have another go at my car tomorrow morning funnily enough. I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt to rectify problems. Fingers crossed it's sorted this time.
Old 28 October 2016, 11:00 AM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

Are you talking from personal experience? I am.
curent car had a dyamite map on it, detting and pulling timing at top end. fine quality work that.
Old 28 October 2016, 11:03 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

I'm letting Andrew Carr have another go at my car tomorrow morning funnily enough. I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt to rectify problems. Fingers crossed it's sorted this time.
So his map wasnt right then ?
Old 28 October 2016, 11:07 AM
sivo
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

I may be wrong but the only mapper I've never heard anything negative about is Bob Rawle.
I've used pat the map and Andrew Carr who were both very good and the cars ran perfectly.
I used power station a few years ago and quite frankly they were ****.
Bob mapped my built motor and it hasn't skipped a beat for 12000 miles.

Regards
Siv
Old 28 October 2016, 11:27 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
So his map wasnt right then ?
Nope! Not been right since he mapped it. FINALLY getting remapped tomorrow. Have a look at my Foz thread. Not just my fingers crossed, I'll be crossing my nuts it's sorted and done correctly this time.
Old 28 October 2016, 11:30 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Nope! Not been right since he mapped it. FINALLY getting remapped tomorrow. Have a look at my Foz thread. Not just my fingers crossed, I'll be crossing my nuts it's sorted and done correctly this time.
Don`t hold ya breath, but at least he is sorting your problem, shame he doesnt treat all his customers the same way
Old 28 October 2016, 11:31 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

The trouble is, everyone has bad days and when you're working on a lot of different cars with a lot of different potential contributing issues things can go wrong or go un-noticed. Mistakes happen to all. If you spend enough time searching you'll find negative words against every trader & mapper in our community.
Old 28 October 2016, 11:34 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

The trouble is, everyone has bad days and when you're working on a lot of different cars with a lot of different potential contributing issues things can go wrong or go un-noticed. Mistakes happen to all. If you spend enough time searching you'll find negative words against every trader & mapper in our community.
and then he fails to turn up 3 times to sort it. . . . .
Old 28 October 2016, 11:38 AM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

You tend to find one or two storys that get repeated about most places, then some get lots of problems.

Given how many dodgy nicknames i read him being called, saw on another forum he apparently got called dung khan by andy forrest no less, you tend to find mud sticks for a reason.

Map 10 cars and anyone could get a couple right, its when there are technical issues having a decent mapper comes into their own.
Old 28 October 2016, 12:55 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Im sorry but you can only map 1 car a day, takes time to niggle and tweek. Not just spend 20minutes on it and go!
Old 28 October 2016, 01:01 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Im sorry but you can only map 1 car a day, takes time to niggle and tweek. Not just spend 20minutes on it and go!

Yup, You can spend 20 minutes increasing boost and making it feel like the car is better after the MAP, but once a day or so pass you soon realise the car runs like shat at all over times and doesnt run that well at all even on boost !

like you say, minimum 4 - 5 hours id say
Old 28 October 2016, 01:44 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Couldn't agree more. Duncan spent 1/2 a day mapping mine on the road, on the dyno and on the road again. It was great. Andrew Carr spent 30 minutes in total and only did 3 runs. Hence I'm going back to get it re-done properly tomorrow, over 2 months after it was originally mapped.
Old 28 October 2016, 05:44 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Duncan spent 1/2 day mapping yours ? wow, you either have really nice legs or one of the lucky ones, 45 mins max on mine plus about 4 return trips to make the car no better than before the map only for me to fix his map myself.
Old 28 October 2016, 06:30 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by The Rig
Yup, You can spend 20 minutes increasing boost and making it feel like the car is better after the MAP, but once a day or so pass you soon realise the car runs like shat at all over times and doesnt run that well at all even on boost !

like you say, minimum 4 - 5 hours id say
Exactly hence my post, some mappers can just upload file and tweek it and it would be safe and drive ok, but 9/10 there is a lot more potential on that to make the most out of it.
We spent 3-4 separate days mapping mine fine tuning and tweeking and mapper saying he hasn't finished lol but will do for now, just run out of time each day spending a few hours at a time.
Old 28 October 2016, 07:45 PM
scoobyricht
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duncan did my original map, ive tweeked it from there after cold idle issues but nothing major.
Old 29 October 2016, 12:56 AM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Used duncan for my old bugeye and was and still is running fine 5 years on and prob 30k miles. Used andrew carr on my current blob and 18months on car is running great to this day. Think every person/company has some negative feed back. Just do your homework and decide from there who you want to use. Only people i would avoid is the likes ofbig dave at the local tyre shop that can double your bhp and get you 50% more mpg for £99
Old 29 October 2016, 06:31 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Had bob map mine it ran **** , turned out I had a boost leak not bobs fault remapped it again with leak fixed and it's perfect bob knows his stuff never heard a bqd word said about him ever
Old 29 October 2016, 01:39 PM
Shax
Scooby Regular

I had my old wrx with STI internal bits mapped to 340 which pulled like a train mapped by duncan and now i have an sti mapped by rich at FB tuning which also pulls like a train but feels like its been restricted a bit for a good safety margin! Rich really knows his stuff, top bloke i deffo recommend. Was a bit of a journey getting to him but worth it!