Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

No Antilag on ESL V1 so Bee R an option ?

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2016, 12:43 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default No Antilag on ESL V1 so Bee R an option ?

As I can't get Motorsport pack on ESL for V1 Impreza etc and never have much luck getting flames or big bangs from ignition retarding on the map yarda yarda was pondering fitting a Bee R onto the car , now I know it's crude but if used moderately and not on all the time is it an OK system to use at those times when a few mins of pop pop flame is wanted , from reading it cuts ignition from 2500 rpm onwards in 500 increments and can be turned on or off

So how does it actually work ?

so if you cut ignition at 2500 say then used the gain option , what does the gain do , cut ignition quickly if set low and for longer if set higher , which I'm guessing is where the bye bye engine would occur if you cut ignition for say 5 seconds but kept fuel pumping in big blames and bangs cause knock on that Conrod ?

If I did get one I'd have it set low at 2500 and probably 2 clicks on the gain

Instruction adjustments:

RED **** `REV 1`:

This will set the Rev Limiter
16 adjustment from 0~F. 0 is a 2500rpm with an increase in 500rpm for each additional turn in the ****. (For example you can put 2.5k rpm for a MOT day )

WHITE **** `REV 2`:

The signal for this **** is set while the E-BRAKE is engaged.
GAIN ****:

This **** will increase or decrease the `impact` of the flame/sound from the exhaust. With the setting as zero the item will be turned off and will increase as the **** dial is set.
This is a great unit to stand out at the weekend meets, drag strip, drift competitions or car shows!!

Last edited by The Rig; 23 August 2016 at 12:56 AM.