Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Map cat back exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2016, 06:57 PM
Andy Kennedy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map cat back exhaust?

I have a wrx Sti hatchback, I had it mapped up to 312bhp a couple of months back, I'm now wanting to get a cat back exhaust for it to give it more of that burble..

Will I need the map tweaking if I stick to a 2.5inch non res system?

Picture here of the RR figures if anyone is interested

Final run was 312bhp

Old 06 August 2016, 01:34 AM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy Kennedy

I have a wrx Sti hatchback, I had it mapped up to 312bhp a couple of months back, I'm now wanting to get a cat back exhaust for it to give it more of that burble..

Will I need the map tweaking if I stick to a 2.5inch non res system?

Picture here of the RR figures if anyone is interested

Final run was 312bhp

Id think you would be fine with the same size cat back. But for peace of mind your mapper should only charge about £150 give or take for a map tweak/health check once fitted.
Old 06 August 2016, 08:25 PM
bro82
Scooby Regular

I was told that with just cat back you shouldn't need a tweak, if you have boost gauge see if boost has changed with new exhaust, if not then you're ok. If it's changed then you can go for a tweak.
Old 06 August 2016, 10:44 PM
Andy Kennedy
Scooby Regular

Cheers lads, I'm hoping it won't because it just adds expense.. But it's got to be right, don't want to break it lol... Will get it next month and see how it goes.. Don't have a boost gauge but hoping I will notice a difference in How it drives.
Old 06 August 2016, 11:27 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy Kennedy
Cheers lads, I'm hoping it won't because it just adds expense.. But it's got to be right, don't want to break it lol... Will get it next month and see how it goes.. Don't have a boost gauge but hoping I will notice a difference in How it drives.
It shouldnt drive any different. Might seem quicker due to more noise but wont be. If you want to notice a difference go down the full decat route but this will 100% need/benifit from a map tweak.

Last edited by nortonscooby; 06 August 2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07 August 2016, 09:45 AM
Andy Kennedy
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by nortonscooby
It shouldnt drive any different. Might seem quicker due to more noise but wont be. If you want to notice a difference go down the full decat route but this will 100% need/benifit from a map tweak.
I know I keep thinking about it but again it's more expense, where I live I can't even use the power it's got, so no point in having more..lol..

Will stick to a cat back, I only want it to sound like you expect a scooby to sound like..