Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Andy carr remapping

Old 12 April 2016, 10:34 AM
Wellsyuk
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andy carr remapping

Hi guys does anyone have contact details for Andy Carr. Am looking into remapping my car. Cheers martin
Old 12 April 2016, 12:51 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Good luck there pal I'm fed up of texting and trying to get hold of him I guess the money's gone to his head what a guy my scooby has been mapped by Andrew and after numerous attempts to contact him I've now sourced another mapper off Brian @ cams performance to put the pops and bangs in the map soon, I was even willing to travel to the guy and didn't want a freebie but no response what so ever not impressed as I really thought he was a sound guy and did a great job on my last scoob but what an ignorant guy he is won't even text back but I guess one of his bum chums will be along to praise his **** and give you his useless contact number
Old 12 April 2016, 01:02 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ZANY
Good luck there pal I'm fed up of texting and trying to get hold of him I guess the money's gone to his head what a guy my scooby has been mapped by Andrew and after numerous attempts to contact him I've now sourced another mapper off Brian @ cams performance to put the pops and bangs in the map soon, I was even willing to travel to the guy and didn't want a freebie but no response what so ever not impressed as I really thought he was a sound guy and did a great job on my last scoob but what an ignorant guy he is won't even text back but I guess one of his bum chums will be along to praise his **** and give you his useless contact number
Wow, eggs act lee my gripe, I have posted time and time again about him, only to be shot down by those who love him, nice to see Im not the only one who will post publicly about him.

Old 12 April 2016, 01:10 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I will be using Andrew Carr tweak mine, but I have used the safe option and gone through Richard Henry's who will book him.
Old 12 April 2016, 02:03 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

I see the OP Only lives in colne
your best off going down darwen @ CAMS PERFORMANCE top freindly guys,and getting it mapped off ant the mapper hes just round corner from there does all mapping for Brian, he's just as good pal local and reachable in case you wanna change any bits on it and need another remap
I'm taking mine to him next couple of weeks for some tweaking very helpfull and freindly reachable people
Old 12 April 2016, 02:11 PM
bro82
Scooby Regular

I sent him an email and got a reply couple of hours later, I asked him about many things how it will be done and what should I do before and always had an answer, so no problems from my side
Old 12 April 2016, 02:12 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
Wow, eggs act lee my gripe, I have posted time and time again about him, only to be shot down by those who love him, nice to see Im not the only one who will post publicly about him.

Dude I don't like bad mouthing any1 but ignorance and arrogance will not be tolerated 4fak sake I give the man the benefit of the doubt he's no better than any next man when mapping my bugeye first time round he installed the 3port boost solenoid and left the vacuum/boost pipe off while he was mapping it got home car was cutting boost hard not driving right wen I put my foot down looked under the bonnet guess what!! He left the pipes off!! So back I went to get it tweaked up bout another 2times then on the third he got it right shame I sold it next day this was my experience over a 2year period where I asked him it don't drive right and he'd tweet it but no better fooook I'm glad I'm gna get it sorted off someone I can reach this time round
Old 12 April 2016, 02:51 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Andrew is a good mapper, can't deny that.
Agree he's a pain to get hold of due to his workload (best bet is going via one of his sources).
I also did email, text him etc with only one conversation and no answer there after, shame really as I used to use him in the past.
So instead I got my mate tweeks to sort syvecs out and tbh, it's the best thing I did, any quirks get sorted, I don't need to wait if I have a problem, can get it tweeked or diagnosed very quickly etc etc, he will even sort it at werewolf hours lol.
the latter was the main thing that worried me if I used Andrew unfortunately.

It's a shame that a good mapper is too busy to communicate, fair play to him if so but that leaves a lot of disgruntled folk that want a map/tweak/advise etc.

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 12 April 2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12 April 2016, 03:01 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Andrew is a good mapper, can't deny that.
Agree he's a pain to get hold of due to his workload (best bet is going via one of his sources).
I also did email, text him etc with only one conversation and no answer there after, shame really as I used to use him in the past.
So instead I got my mate tweeks to sort syvecs out and tbh, it's the best thing I did, any quirks get sorted, I don't need to wait if I have a problem, can get it tweeked or diagnosed very quickly etc etc, he will even sort it at werewolf hours lol.
the latter was the main thing that worried me if I used Andrew unfortunately.

It's a shame that a good mapper is too busy to communicate, fair play to him if so but that leaves a lot of disgruntled folk that want a map/tweak/advise etc.
Totally agree with you there pal but I bet if he were skint with no reputation he'd text back and answer his phone and go out of his way to help any1, I think it's time we had some decent down to earth mappers getting some credit and recognition, but then I bet they'll become unreachable after they make there money aswell, you just can't win
Old 12 April 2016, 03:05 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

There was only ever one mapper like that and that was the late great Simon Roe, always down to earth and never to busy to answer you and a gent to go with it
Old 12 April 2016, 03:06 PM
John Mathewson
Scooby Regular

I think they all take on too much work then it starts going **** up. Very frustrating, I've had same problems elsewhere. Just pick up the ******* phone.
Old 12 April 2016, 05:22 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's a busy guy, The best thing to do is book it in at one of the many places he works out of, his phone is turned off at the weekends and when it's turned back on he is bombarded with messages..."hi mate it's Dave with the blue scooby!....",

I text him on Sunday for a bit of info and he replyed Monday
Old 12 April 2016, 05:48 PM
Wellsyuk
Scooby Newbie

I see the OP Only lives in colne
your best off going down darwen @ CAMS PERFORMANCE top freindly guys,and getting it mapped off ant the mapper hes just round corner from there does all mapping for Brian, he's just as good pal local and reachable in case you wanna change any bits on it and need another remap
I'm taking mine to him next couple of weeks for some tweaking very helpfull and freindly reachable people
Cheers guys for all your help and advice. Think i might give these chaps a buzz if you recomend. Really new to all this any ideas what to do prior remapping. Currently have standard bug eye with dump valve, full cobra decat, and air filter. Have been advised to get up rated fuel pump and sti turbo. Wait do you think. Cheers martin
Old 12 April 2016, 06:20 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Totally agree with you there pal but I bet if he were skint with no reputation he'd text back and answer his phone and go out of his way to help any1, I think it's time we had some decent down to earth mappers getting some credit and recognition, but then I bet they'll become unreachable after they make there money aswell, you just can't win

No reputation like "Ant the mapper" lol
Old 12 April 2016, 06:33 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wellsyuk
Cheers guys for all your help and advice. Think i might give these chaps a buzz if you recomend. Really new to all this any ideas what to do prior remapping. Currently have standard bug eye with dump valve, full cobra decat, and air filter. Have been advised to get up rated fuel pump and sti turbo. Wait do you think. Cheers martin
Upgrade your fuel pump keep the same sock
Upgraded panel filter if going down the turbo route upgrade your intercooler and inlet manifold if you got the cash you'll see good gains but you can start off with the pump , panel filter and an up pipe just to get you going pm me if you need to pal I'm only round corner and I'll take you down and introduce you to the lads very freindly bunch and they'll look after you
Old 12 April 2016, 07:54 PM
Wellsyuk
Scooby Newbie

Upgrade your fuel pump keep the same sock
Upgraded panel filter if going down the turbo route upgrade your intercooler and inlet manifold if you got the cash you'll see good gains but you can start off with the pump , panel filter and an up pipe just to get you going pm me if you need to pal I'm only round corner and I'll take you down and introduce you to the lads very freindly bunch and they'll look after you
Ah nice one matey, defo take u up on that offer lol i know nothing about these cars other than they go and sound ace hehe. Ill pm you for further info 😀
Old 12 April 2016, 09:39 PM
HoodedLime
Scooby Regular

Dude I don't like bad mouthing any1 but ignorance and arrogance will not be tolerated 4fak sake I give the man the benefit of the doubt he's no better than any next man when mapping my bugeye first time round he installed the 3port boost solenoid and left the vacuum/boost pipe off while he was mapping it got home car was cutting boost hard not driving right wen I put my foot down looked under the bonnet guess what!! He left the pipes off!! So back I went to get it tweaked up bout another 2times then on the third he got it right shame I sold it next day this was my experience over a 2year period where I asked him it don't drive right and he'd tweet it but no better fooook I'm glad I'm gna get it sorted off someone I can reach this time round
Well, I on the other hand can say that about Cams. I have 2 cars that have been maintained by them and it took me some time and money to get them right. Bugeye which used to be modified and then put back to standard before I've bought it - using knackered MAF, with awful map and badly overboosting (did only 190hp on rr). Couldn't even be bothered to fit scoop undertray back. And blobeye with average mods (i.e. full decat, fuel pump, tgv deletes) apparently mapped at Cams and advertised as making 270hp (which it should with those mods). Well, took it to dyno for health check and diagnostics and it barely did 230hp. Nothing evidently serious but almost enough to put me off that place. Last straw was my phone call asking for advice. Person on the phone was extremely unhelpful and didn't want to give me any info so unfortunately I won't be recommending Cams to anyone. Now the bug is mapped by Scoobyclinic at the limit of its TD04 and blob is mapped by Andy Carr and I can't be happier. He clearly said to me that he isn't very easy to get hold of directly and I fully understand that. If he kept answering phone calls/texts all the time how could he concentrate on driving the car he is mapping at the time? I booked my mapping through Richard Henry and can do the same if I need any tweaks. So its not really that difficult to get him
Old 13 April 2016, 08:15 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wellsyuk
Ah nice one matey, defo take u up on that offer lol i know nothing about these cars other than they go and sound ace hehe. Ill pm you for further info 😀
When ever your ready pal
I do all the work on my scoob myself owned over 30scooby's along with other high performance cars so plenty of experience and knowledge always willing to help any1 I can, hope to link up with you soon
Old 14 April 2016, 09:37 AM
Ash Webster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja
He's a busy guy, The best thing to do is book it in at one of the many places he works out of, his phone is turned off at the weekends and when it's turned back on he is bombarded with messages..."hi mate it's Dave with the blue scooby!....",
This.

I'm guilty of lobbing a hopeful text too but thinking back it can be ultra annoying to the mapper..

A random text wont get your car sorted or a fast reply (as I have often found from texting various sources). Pick up the phone. Book it in at a place he maps out of.
Old 14 April 2016, 11:03 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Im just a fanboy though, lol...known him 10 years though,

PS I was born and raised in LSA
Old 14 April 2016, 12:47 PM
Ash Webster
Scooby Regular

Im just a fanboy though, lol...known him 10 years though,

PS I was born and raised in LSA
its a beautiful place but the roads are sh*te. My Ohlins shocks do not like.
Old 14 April 2016, 01:13 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ash Webster
This.

I'm guilty of lobbing a hopeful text too but thinking back it can be ultra annoying to the d
A random text wont get your car sorted or a fast reply (as I have often found from texting various sources). Pick up the phone. Book it in at a place he maps out of.
You're right pal so really the boys on here should give out a contact number or info where he can be reached etc and that way there will be less of us throwing our dummies out at the end of the day we all make mistakes and he's had his fair share aswell and he did sort my scoob out at the end it went ballistic unfortunately I sold it next day just as I got the map perfect, all I want is for the guy to put my pop and bangs in and a 3port, and if the boys on here give a contact number etc were he can be reached that would be more helpfull that way no1 will throw there dummies out as I've done, contacted him through a number given by gaz and Timmy but no joy and to be honest I'd rather have him tweek my car and map it to a 3port as its on its std 2port at the moment and he's mapped it previously, I know his quality of work is good and a gentlemen to talk to but I can't reach him and as you've said won't get sorted with a quick text but HOW DO I GET IN CONTACT WITH HIM??? I've heard teg couple of times but have no idea were it is or there number I usually contacted him through Brian @cams but that's a no go now aswell so instead of giving his number out why not give the garage number where he can be contacted easily and all will be well,
APOLOGIES TO ANDREW CARR DUE TO NO CONTACT AND FRUITLESS CONTACT INFO IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR SOMEONE TO PUT A CONTACTABLE NUMBER INSTEAD OF HIS BUM CHUM CONTACT NUMBER SO US COMMON LADS CAN GET INTOUCH ASWELL
I'm putting my dummie back in my mouth now
Old 14 April 2016, 01:32 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Brian is no better at replying to PM unless its for something he needs, if someone cant reply to PMs not exactly going to go out of my way to call them. The one time I need Andrew to map my car when it was still in Scotland, I sorted it all via email and replies were quick enough to arrange everything
Old 14 April 2016, 01:41 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Brian is no better at replying to PM unless its for something he needs, if someone cant reply to PMs not exactly going to go out of my way to call them. The one time I need Andrew to map my car when it was still in Scotland, I sorted it all via email and replies were quick enough to arrange everything
The only place I've rang up were they have actually picked the phone up and offered plenty of advise for a remap and this was over 7years ago and then few months back was scoobyclinic they must have a very knowledgable receptionist lol! a lot of the places I've dealt with were direct but that would defo get on my pips if the phone wernt getting answered as I've experienced trying to contact Andrew, why give his bum chum number out, why not give a reachable number were you can reach the guy for fiksake!! Is it really to much to ask for??
Old 14 April 2016, 01:45 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

I didnt need advice from Brian, I want to buy some parts back from old car that blackpoolrock had left at his and he was stripping it to recoup his costs but didnt have the courtesy to reply once. Pretty sure ive got the messages saved on facebook and 22b
Old 14 April 2016, 01:51 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Brian is a bit sporadic at posting on forums...he visits them from time to time but not a regular as he's too busy with the garage, Best bet is to speak to Tim Hampson via Facebook for a quicker reply regarding parts

I might speak to him soon so I'll mention you Zany ;(

Last edited by The Pink Ninja; 14 April 2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 14 April 2016, 01:54 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Brian is a bit sporadic at posting on forums...he visits them from time to time but not a regular, Speak to Tim Hampson via Facebook for a quicker reply
I gave up in the end Gaz, as I wanted the suspension off my grey car and a couple of other bits. Its all history but left a bad taste in my mouth at the time but just letting it be known no one is perfect regardless of how well they treat you as a a customer
Old 14 April 2016, 02:30 PM
Ash Webster
Scooby Regular

for anyone that's bothered I use ScoobyTec/Scoobyspares in Fleetwood when I need Andy Carr. 01253 871188. Alternatively I think Scott is on here in the trader's section. They are mega busy so usually a phone call is the best way. Top lads down there as well.
Old 14 April 2016, 02:44 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Brian is a bit sporadic at posting on forums...he visits them from time to time but not a regular as he's too busy with the garage, Best bet is to speak to Tim Hampson via Facebook for a quicker reply regarding parts

I might speak to him soon so I'll mention you Zany ;(
That would be a god send gaz if you can sort it please, just wen were and how much so I'm not short of cash and I'll be there
Old 14 April 2016, 02:48 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I know Andrew frequents teg sport quite regularly so teg is an option (Google for number).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Andy carr remapping