Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Anyone got a Billet GT30r on 2.1ltr?

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2015, 08:59 PM
myk3
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone got a Billet GT30r on 2.1ltr?

Hi Guys,

I'm going to get my STI (which is still on the stock turbo) block rebuilt to with a 2.1 stroker and some head work including uprated valves, springs retainers etc. I like the idea of a GT30 billet rotated setup. I will be running water meth and a 3" turbo back De-cat system FMIC etc.

I have thought about the MD321T or SC46 Billet turbos but the car is mainly going to be used for Santa Pod and Tracks, so id like to aim for higher power figures than these turbos have to offer. BHP wise my goal really is mid to high 500s.

Id be interested to know how your 2.1 drives with a billet GT30r, peak power, when it start to spool and how long to reach full boost.

Cheers,
Old 24 October 2015, 09:11 PM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myk3
Hi Guys,

I'm going to get my STI (which is still on the stock turbo) block rebuilt to with a 2.1 stroker and some head work including uprated valves, springs retainers etc. I like the idea of a GT30 billet rotated setup. I will be running water meth and a 3" turbo back De-cat system FMIC etc.

I have thought about the MD321T or SC46 Billet turbos but the car is mainly going to be used for Santa Pod and Tracks, so id like to aim for higher power figures than these turbos have to offer. BHP wise my goal really is mid to high 500s.

Id be interested to know how your 2.1 drives with a billet GT30r, peak power, when it start to spool and how long to reach full boost.

Cheers,

i bought a owen developments GT30R of someone it made 440 bhp on there spec c 365bhp at the wheels @1.6 bar hope the graph helps
Old 24 October 2015, 09:27 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by myk3
Hi Guys,

Cheers,
Why go for watermeth. Go for 20% meth or even race fuel be better for the strip I have a 2.3 with a billet sc46 made 473bhp and 495ftlb @1.6b would have gone into 500 territory but onli using 5 speed so we stopped