Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Bugeye estate suggested tuners and mods

Old 05 August 2015, 07:51 PM
Jakerhoads
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugeye estate suggested tuners and mods

So, I just recently bought a 2001 wrx estate and decided i'd like a bit more power. The car has 135k miles so i would rather keep it around 300hp. My mod list so far is
k&n CAI
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Decat downpipe
There are other bits but they arent really related to power production. The plan forward is a bigger turbo, injectors, debating on a larger TMIC, and possibly full turbo back exhaust. So now for recomendations I guess. I am currently torn between getting a VF43 or a td05 16g. Plus sides i have seen for the VF43 is price (not always a good thing) and if i decide to push for more power it should be able to get me to 320-330 range from what i have read at least. plus sides to the TD05 16g, id be getting it brand new with no miles, spool time is supposedly better, rebuilding if needed is more attainable but from again threads I have read regarding the 16g it may not be suitable for a reliable 320-330 range.
If anyone has more recent experience with either of these turbos your advice/knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Finally getting the car tuned is the biggest concern. I've heard very good things of Scooby Clinic which is about 3 hours from me, there is another shop about an hour and a half away called Extreme Scoobies which two workmates go to but one has only done a simple remap and the other is still in the process of building so i havent seen the final product. Then an hour away is a shop called AP tuning, finally there is one locally called Racing Dynamix where a tuner named Duncan i have heard about, Has anyone dealt with any of the last three mentioned?
Old 06 August 2015, 09:39 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

http://andyforrestperformance.co.uk/58901.html

So you'd be looking at level2a then - i've a 16g on my wrx and it will easily pass a PPP'd STI and spool isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. If I was buying again I'd probably want to try an 18g just to see how much worse the spool would be compared the power gained.

There are mobile ECUtek mappers as well like bob rawle so keep an eye out incase he's in your area any time.
Old 13 August 2015, 01:03 AM
Wagon Dan
Scooby Newbie

hi
done mine last month with Duncan Graham - and very pleased with the outcome definitely will recomand Duncan
Old 13 August 2015, 08:50 AM
MrJoe
Scooby Newbie

+1 for Duncan, nice chap, good skills!
Old 14 August 2015, 04:44 AM
Jakerhoads
Scooby Newbie

Anyone have experiance with clive atthowe tuning?
Old 22 September 2015, 03:55 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakerhoads
Anyone have experiance with clive atthowe tuning?
yes, he's always mapped and maintained my cars....my spec c is going there ina few weeks for a 6 month service.

he looked after all evo's and subaru's....very honest guy and what he don't know isn't worth knowing.

I've seen some of the work by other so called mappers and Clive is 2nd to none

PM me if you wish to know more.
Old 23 September 2015, 04:47 PM
Wagon Dan
Scooby Newbie

with Clive is worth to have a spare credit card around