Notices
East Anglia East Anglia Meetings & Events

Newbie (Norwich Area)

Old 25 February 2016, 01:08 PM
mudsplat2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie (Norwich Area)

Hey guys im Luke and ive had my Hawkeye for nearly a year, ive been on scoobynet for a while but never posted anything so here it goes...

i had to sell my beloved Astra coupe 5 years ago to fund a business adventure and have missed it since

Brought a 2006 Hawkeye WRX last April and had the biggest smile on my face as ive always want to own one. Its got a full de-cat exhaust system (Loud), upgraded top mount intercooler with a baileys dump valve & carbon spoiler

Ran it for a couple of months to find ive got the dreaded head gasket failure and ringland failure..... so off it went to API in Warwickshire to have a rebuild

unfortunately the crank bearings had also gone so i opted to go for the Forged route (Mahle 4032 Pistons, 79mm crank and King race bearings) to ensure a good engine for future mods.

6 months later i picked the car up from API (massive delay due to them moving workshops ect) and boy how nice it is to have it back! Currently running 279BHP on TD04 Turbo

i brought some rear blob tail lights so fitted them as i wasnt keen on the original Hawkeye lights

Also within the last week i brought a STI Titanium front strut brace to fit, i needed to give it a little scrub up to remove the contamination

Fitted...

hopefully over the summer period ill lower the car slightly, then upgrade the brakes to STI Brembos & VF35 or VF48 turbo to get the car over the 300BHP mark and hopefully get a front splitter off the forum to finish the front off
Old 25 February 2016, 05:09 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi and welcome

Old 26 February 2016, 11:47 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a nice hawk, I'll look forward to seeing how it progresses.