Notices
Driving Dynamics Driving techniques (trail braking, power slides, donuts, scandinavian flicks, etc), and vehicle dynamics (roll centres, c/g weigh transfer, etc)

Whiteline rear anti roll bar mounts do not fit

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2022, 02:44 PM
Matdragon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whiteline rear anti roll bar mounts do not fit

Hi all,

I purchased the whiteline rear anti roll mount mounts a while back to fit to my Impreza bugeye WRX that I'm fitting an entire sti setup into.

The problem I'm having is that the the whiteline mounts do not fit, I've tried fitting them as per the instructions (rib pointed forward, overhang in wheel arch) and also every other orientation but they simply do not fit due to a couple of problems.

1) The passenger side fouls on another part that is bolted to the chassis rail right behind where the anti roll bar mount bolts in. This means the anti roll bar mount cannot sit flat on the chassis rail, and without cutting down the other part, I see no way it could fit?

2) The drivers side mount rear hole is shared with a bracket for the charcoal canister, the anti roll bar mount will not fit under this bracket but it also cannot bolt ontop of it as the bracket has a lip which would prevent the mount for sitting flush ontop of it, plus even if it did then the mount wouldn't be flush against the chassis. I suspect that even if this bracket wasn't in the way, then it would foul on the same thing bolted to the chassis rail as on the passenger side.

​​​​​​I've contacted whiteline support but they have been entirely unhelpful just repeating that "R&D has said it will fit your car", but it doesn't, even after showing them pictures and videos of the problemproblem.

Any pictures I've seen of these mounts fitted to cars (which seem to be very few and far between) the cars seem to have had the charcoal canister deleted and there is no other part bolted to the chassis rail behind the anti roll bar mount.

Any advice or even pictures if you have fitted these mounts to your car would be massively appreciate!

Kind regards,
Matt
Passenger side:

​​​​

Drivers side rear hole bracket that shares the hole (yes it's all rusty ) the braxk seems to have a think piece that goes under the other part bolted to the chassis which prevents the anti roll bar mount from sliding underneath the bracket.

Last edited by Matdragon; 19 November 2022 at 03:19 PM.
Old 21 November 2022, 04:29 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd want to sort that rust and dirt out first - is that bolt in far as it goes?
The following users liked this post:
Old 02 February 2023, 09:49 PM
SteveRattue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they 180 degrees out?
Old 03 February 2023, 08:23 AM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

They are handed so be sure to check, I have seen people before have had to grind a small bit off for them to fit on some models.
Old 03 February 2023, 10:27 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

what part number are you attempting to use??

have supplied and fitted these for years with no issue........