rear diff ratio problems

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2014, 10:52 PM
alasterbrown
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear diff ratio problems

hi all,
im new to this as ive just got my first scooby, and i noticed that the member splitpin was a man who seemed to know subaru's inside out, so i tried to send him this message, maybe someone else can help as he cannot receive private messages anymore. this was the message i sent him.
i'm Ally,
i have noticed your the man who knows these cars inside out, and i hope you can help me, i inherited my wagon classic MY 1999 from my dad who passed away recently, anyway before he died someone supplied and fitted a second hand rear diff to the car but the car was never used as he was in hospital, anyway i've done quite a few hundred miles with it and its started clunking on full lock, but when as gets warmer it gets worse, so much so that you feel it at junctions etc,
i got my mate to check it out and between us we found that according to my g/box code(ty754vn1aa) it should have a 3.545:1 ratio rear diff, but it has a 3.3:1 in it as my mate did a count, he has also managed to get a hold of a good 3.545:1 rear diff and thinks we should go ahead and fit it, i wanted to ask your opinion first as i don't want to destroy centre diff too,
many thanks, Ally