Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

I need help/advise about a Impreza upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2002, 11:32 AM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have a Subaru Impreza 2.0 GT AWD from 2000 and I would like to fit in my car (if I find one to buy) a Prodrive WR Sport ECU only. I already have a complete ScoobySport exhaust, turbo/intercooler and cooling Samco Sport hoses and I would like to know if I install (if I can I do not know) a Prodrive WR Sport ECU I can have some problems or if I have to make some upgrades in my car. The car work weel?? If I buy a second hand Prodrive WR Sport ECU I have to made something to reset it or I can fit it whitout doing anything??
Thank you whit regards.
Old 15 May 2002, 11:49 AM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

I would like to know too something.
The Prodrive WR Sport ECU have diferent settings that Standart ECU or the same and the diference are the rest of the pack or they have diferent settings?.

Thank you.
Old 15 May 2002, 12:46 PM
Homer Simpson
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

If you are refering to the ECU that is supplied as part of the Prodrive Performance Package (PPP) then it should be ok.

It's a straight forward job to change the ECU. Unscrew the kick plate, unscrew the standard ECU and unplug the connectors. Reverse instructions to fit the PPP ECU.

Get a boost gauge to monitor your boost levels, as you *might* have some overboost.

Might be worth getting a KnockLink and LamdaLink to ensure that your car is not knocking and the fuelling is ok. http://www.brdevelopments.com

Also what sort of grade of fuel do you run your car on? Prodrive recommend running Super Unleaded (97 ron) fuel.