Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

V3 Type-R DCCD problems

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2010, 09:07 PM
Krister
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V3 Type-R DCCD problems

I have some problems with my recently aquired V3 Type-R.

I bought it as a project car as it had some fixing up to do so I knew it came with some problems.

At some point, the clocks has been changed to non-DCCD, so it doesnt have the DCCD display. I wasnt worried about this as first as I thought it was because of the mph-display.

Then I took of the DCCD switch, and it didnt have any connector going to it. There was also melted plastic on the left hand side of the connector. Should I be worried about this? See picture.

I went under the car and there was a loose connector on the top of the transmission that had two wires going to it. This must be the DCCD connector for the transmission?

So how should I proceed here trying to get the DCCD back working. I read that the center diff is now in open position which makes it 65:35, which isnt very ideal for winter driving here in Finland, and I also want it working as that's the way it should be.

The plug under the DCCD switch had three connectors and the one under the transmission had two. How do I get in plugging it back together. Is there a wiring schema somewhere in the internet?

I am also trying to source the gauge clocks which has the DCCD display. Do the V3/V4/V5 gauges fit each others? I have a V3, but it has the V4 interior, a Subaru special said that some models were like this as the models were changing.

Any help where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures:

Back of DCCD switch with some melted plastic on it:

No DCCD wires as I can see:

Connector coming from top of transmission:

Last edited by Krister; 26 November 2010 at 09:10 PM.