Exedy Clutch - Scoobyworld vs Aztec

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2010, 07:24 AM
Kumori
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exedy Clutch - Scoobyworld vs Aztec

Hi all, a Swede in need here.

Need to replace my standard clutch, and the idea was to buy an Exedy one instead (upgraded), since I run at around 330 bhp.

Question is: Is there any difference between the one from Scoobyworld and the one from Aztec ("anti-jidder"). They are both prized 299, which is my price level. Or could you recommend anything else? Are they both complete clutch kits?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!
Old 24 June 2010, 09:09 AM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Can highly recommend Bob (Aztec). I've dealt with him numerous times and his service is excellent.

Last edited by dazdavies; 24 June 2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 24 June 2010, 09:24 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark at Lateral Performance also sells the Pink Racing Exedy 230 anti judder, which I have in mine.
Old 24 June 2010, 10:12 AM
Kumori
Scooby Newbie

Default Re:

Alright, thanks! May I ask (being a swede so perhaps not getting the translation right) - what does Anti-Judder mean?
Old 24 June 2010, 10:16 AM
apac
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't mean to sound rude, what is this 'anti judder', is it just some kind marketing ploy by traders? There is no mention on Exedy's website of any of their clutches being anti judder. The only difference between the standard exedy clutch and the uprated stage 1'racing' kit is a reinforced higher clamping force on the clutch cover plate. I think it must have a slightly tougher friction plate that happens to come in a pink box, or mayb it has 6 springs instead of 4. I would question the 'anti judder' and phone up exedy and find out what the differences are

Last edited by apac; 24 June 2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 24 June 2010, 10:18 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kumori
Alright, thanks! May I ask (being a swede so perhaps not getting the translation right) - what does Anti-Judder mean?
No shaking of the car through the transmission when engaging the clutch. It is a common thing on the newages, dont know about the classics though.
Old 24 June 2010, 10:25 AM
apac
Scooby Regular

the classic suffers from it on the OEM clutch
Old 24 June 2010, 12:05 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

There are two different types of Exedy Racing Uprated Organic clutch kits (for the 5 speed anyhow). The original version which can have a tendency to judder and the anti-judder version.

Having used Exedy clutches for some 10 years now, the old uprated clutch didn't have a major problem but then a few years ago there must have been a change in friction material or something, as the same clutch kit started being more juddery (is that even a word? ). This was brought to the attention of Exedy who felt that the judder was a character of an uprated/racing clutch. Whilst people like myself could put up with this as a characteristic of the uprated clutch, the average customer wasn't and subsequently a new anti-judder clutch kit was released by Exedy.

We stock both versions supplied directly from Exedy UK, but almost all customers now go with the anti-judder version.

Our clutch kits contain all original Exedy parts and include: clutch cover, friction plate, and release bearing: http://www.superhids.co.uk/exedy-clu...der-230mm.html
Old 24 June 2010, 12:05 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

There are two different types of Exedy Racing Uprated Organic clutch kits (for the 5 speed anyhow). The original version which can have a tendency to judder and the anti-judder version.

Having used Exedy clutches for some 10 years now, the old uprated clutch didn't have a major problem but then a few years ago there must have been a change in friction material or something, as the same clutch kit started being more juddery (is that even a word? ). This was brought to the attention of Exedy who felt that the judder was a character of an uprated/racing clutch. Whilst people like myself could put up with this as a characteristic of the uprated clutch, the average customer wasn't and subsequently a new anti-judder clutch kit was released by Exedy.

We stock both versions supplied directly from Exedy UK, but almost all customers now go with the anti-judder version.

Our clutch kits contain all original Exedy parts and include: clutch cover, friction plate, and release bearing: http://www.superhids.co.uk/exedy-clu...der-230mm.html
Old 24 June 2010, 06:58 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kumori

i suggest phoning up Exedy and asking about their 'Anti Judder' kit. I bet they haven't got a clue what you are talking about. I bet that in the past some Exedy clutches have been sold as 'uprated' ones when in reality they have just been standard clutches or just had lower quality friction plates. This was eventually addressed not by exedy as suggested above but traders selling inferior quality goods. If you can find me anything about 'Anti Judder' kits or friction plates on this site http://www.exedy.co.uk/ I'll put my head between my legs and kiss my own ar$e.

Old 24 June 2010, 07:19 PM
tathan
Scooby Regular

Well they're hardly going to say "Hey, our first attempt was shoite, but we're having another crack and calling it the anti-judder clutch"

Having dealt directly with Exedy in the past (at my old job we used to wholesale clutches from them to catalogue fill and then try and send failed units back for warranty claims - had thousands of claims to us, never once got Exedy to admit ANY sort of fault with their units) I can tell you now that they would never admit they had a problem.
Old 24 June 2010, 07:33 PM
172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apac
i suggest phoning up Exedy and asking about their 'Anti Judder' kit. I bet they haven't got a clue what you are talking about. I bet that in the past some Exedy clutches have been sold as 'uprated' ones when in reality they have just been standard clutches or just had lower quality friction plates. This was eventually addressed not by exedy as suggested above but traders selling inferior quality goods. If you can find me anything about 'Anti Judder' kits or friction plates on this site http://www.exedy.co.uk/ I'll put my head between my legs and kiss my own ar$e.

Mine Juddered real bad, I now know why, the cover plate is severely warped.................
I only found this out after a gearbox swap.

I think ill use other brands from now on.

Old 24 June 2010, 08:43 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ive just had the exedy anti judder clutch and lightweight flywheel off bob fitted and its like a new car .. clutch take up is as smooth as a babies **** .
Old 25 June 2010, 08:15 AM
Kumori
Scooby Newbie

Like a baby's **** you say....

I ordered an "anti-judder" one, hope I have the same feeling as you in two weeks
Old 25 June 2010, 09:30 AM
apac
Scooby Regular

the 'anti judder version'. Make sure it says that on the 'pink' box when it arrives, otherwise send it back - lol

I'm sure the kit will be fine, but i do smell a conspiracy with this anti judder nonsense