Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

2nd gear crunch?

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2002, 02:02 PM
JimmyY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

The other night i was pulling away slowly in first, then opened her up a bit before changing into second. A large pop followed, but the car pulled ok and nothing seemed amiss so i carried on. Later that evening, whilst pootling round tescos carpark in second it made a strange metallic noise which stopped when i moved to third and hasn't done it again.

Driving today i noticed that whenever changing from first to second it made a slight crunch (very quiet, almost inaudible) accompanied by a slight resistance to go into second. I'm worried it might have damaged the gearbox (second or the synchro)?? is this likely?

Hoping not but i did get the car from a scooby dealer with 2 year warranty so it wouldn't be the end of the world if it did need something doing, but would be a bit disappointing considering i wasn't hammering it at the time...

Other than that, i'm loving the scooby experience big grin all the time and i've stopped taking the stereo with me now because i'd rather listen to the engine.

Jim