Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Another Satisfied ECUTEK Customer!

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2002, 02:30 PM
Neal Gibbons
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I wanted to post this last week but was unable to register, it's my first post!

I am a MY00 owner for some 8 months now and have sufferd this car with it's hesitation, lack of top end power and it's flat spots since new.

Well today (last Wednesday)I took the bull by the horns as they say and visited PE to pick up a replacement ECU.

I emailed Stephen Done and PE and got the low down on the 801+
remap (Tek1) for MY99/00 cars. I went and picked up an ECU from Dave Power and installed it myself in the car park! Took Dave for a spin, at first it did not seem any different to the old 802 I had but when the traffic cleared and there was space the car felt much smoother and stronger at the top end, a real improvement. It now spins easier to 6K RPM than before and feels very strong, the Butt-ometer confirming the improvement!

I am getting a little more top end boost up from 13PSI to 14PSI but it is on the motorway and around town that I really appreciate the change. On the way home I got more of a feeling for the changes, the hesitation around 2500RPM has gone and on the motorway the off boost cruise at 80MPH is much easier to maintain. Previously at 80 the car felt it was holding back, so slight inclines meant I had to apply more throttle than necessary just to maintain speed, this resulted in the car coming on-boost and accelerating harder than needed, it was very tiring to drive, now it is much more progressive. Also max boost now seems to arrive at 2800RPM instead of 3200RPM so I take it the turbo is spooling up quicker.

Dave also mentioned that my fuel consumption should improve but I think he is wrong as my right foot seems to be welded to the floor! The extra performance the Tek1 Map has given the car is making me grin like a Cheshire Cat!

If anybody has a MY00/99 and is fed up with it hesitating and being slower than previous MY cars then I whole heatedly recommend the Tek1 remap, for £150 all in (fit it yourself option) you cant go wrong IMHO. There will also be a PPP type remap in the very near future for even more get-up-and-go!

Just like to say I am no way connected to PE or ECUTEK, I am just a very happy customer.

Neal

UK MY00 SS DP, SS Headers, ITG Panel filter.

Edit for spelling..............

[Edited by Neal Gibbons - 3/20/2002 2:35:39 PM]