DCCD scrolling light stuck?

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2010, 10:36 AM
maddhatteroo7
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy DCCD scrolling light stuck?

I have a 95 STi Type RA.

Today I removed my gauge cluster in hopes of replacing some bulbs to make it brighter, but ran into some issues when reinstalling the stuff. Everything is reconnected on the cluster and works including the speedo cable from the trans. Now here's the issue....my dccd gauge is stuck illuminating the 3rd orange option from the very top. It doesn't matter if I scroll it or anything it just stays stuck and I don't know how to fix this. DCCD does work even though it doesn't show that another option is selected on the gauge because even when I set it to full lock it still clunks around as normal around a corner. If you have any info on how to reset/clear this issue please let me know. Thank you!
Old 04 January 2010, 02:15 AM
maddhatteroo7
Scooby Regular

Well I took the cluster out today to take another look at the cluster. I even took out the circuit board that contains the lights for the DCCD display and none of the bulbs look burnt out or anything. Still doesn't scroll and it doesn't seem like it's the switch thats the issue since I can still scroll and feel the difference between fully open and full lock when selected. I'm pretty certain it's the dccd display in the gauge cluster itself. Now the only way I know to determine this would be to swap out the circuit board from another cluster I may have to purchase. This isn't a huge issue that's preventing my car to be operated, but it is really bugging me since I'm a little OCD with this stuff and the actual display isn't scrolling.
Old 04 January 2010, 03:55 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

This could be totally way off the mark, but I had lighting issues when reconnecting the clocks after swapping over the dash.

The bulbs that illuminate your dials (speedo/rev counter etc) are in bulb holders that push in and you have to turn 90 degrees to lock and make contact. Usually they are not polarised since it is just a bulb, BUT one of the bulb holders has the 12v feed to the DCCD lights cluster. This has to be polarised because there is some circuitry in there to determine which DCCD light to illuminate WRT to the thumbwheel position signal.

I connected mine round the wrong way which actually melted a track on the PCB which meant none of the backlights illuminated and the DCCD light didn't move either. It took me a while to work it out but repaired the track and found out the correct way for the bulb holder to locate using schematic and DVM.

This could be your problem, HTH

Last edited by Jay m A; 04 January 2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05 January 2010, 01:07 AM
maddhatteroo7
Scooby Regular

ya know that could be the issue. I was a little OCD and did move the bulb holders so they were all leveled correctly and the writting on the bottom would be upside down. I'm going to check that out today. Thanks!
Old 20 January 2010, 03:21 AM
maddhatteroo7
Scooby Regular

So I took a look at my cluster today and adjusted the lightbulbs to see if that would work since I got a picture of one that was fine and it still doesn't scroll. I have no idea where the "dccd ecu" is and I've looked under the dash/steering column and nothing. All the connectors look fine and plugged in, but there's 1 white and 1 orange one with female connectors on them that are unplugged. May have a look at a friend's ra sti and compare the wiring underneath. I'm stumped
Old 22 January 2010, 09:30 AM
maddhatteroo7
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 28 March 2010, 06:52 AM
maddhatteroo7
Scooby Regular

bump...anyone have some more input? thanks