Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Modifications?

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2002, 04:00 AM
Contigo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I have a 95 Uk turbo and would like to make a few simple and cheap modification to it. I have heard about the ITG filter and the Dawes device. Went over to the performance exhausts website and saw that it only lists the WRX. Is it only for the import vehicles or can it be fitted to the UK car? I am relatively new to all this and any help is appreciated.

What sort of BHP would the above mods increase the car too?

Old 12 March 2002, 10:12 AM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Hi Contigo. Have a look at the dyno pages on dyno.scoobynet (top right of screen). Look for cars like yours, check out their mods and power outputs.

Most people start with the exhaust and a full decatted system seems to free up some power. Also sound great, and the neighbours will love it (Won't pass MOT, though.) ITG panel filter on the intake side is a safe bet, too. Then for some real power gains you'll need to tweak the boost with a re-mapped ECU. You should be able to get 300 bhp with that lot.

But there are dozens of different options and if you hang around here you'll soon pick it up.

Good luck,

Richard.
Old 12 March 2002, 11:24 AM
PING
Scooby Regular

Contigo,

I'm new at this lark too ....

The Dawes seems to be a good simple mod ... I'm fitting one to my MY00 (plus AFR and Boost gauge and an ITG filter) shortly. I'll probably change the BB too, but I don't want to wake the dead with this, so I'll probably go for a Remus, which apparently more free flowing, but almost as quiet as the OE BB

If you want to go further then ECU remapping, Full decatted exhaust ,etc. is the way ahead ... the worlds your oyster!

Steve