Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

WHICH NEW CLUTCH TO GET ???

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2009, 07:45 PM
SNAP-ON
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHICH NEW CLUTCH TO GET ???

My 03 blobeye is due a clutch (69000miles) and still on original and the biting point is right at the top ! i mean it just about has a biting point its that high .
anyway what clutch do you suggest i go for ? my old 94wrx clutch went and i fitted a blue point one which is also made by exedy and adl (there all the same make according to scoobybits) and it was fine apart from a high biting point and it was new !!!
im running standard power but will get a remap soon and just want to fit a better clutch than standard but without a high biting point that i keep reading about exedy ones after owners fit them .
my old skyline i fitted an exedy paddle and it was so much better as in with the on/off biting point but not bad at all for everyday and it seemed to get the power down so much quicker and faster with the paddle one .
whats the exedy organic like or is it just another posher name for a standard one ? i would like a paddle one but im not spending over 300 for one !!
any suggestions or what are you guys using and where is the best place to get one ?