Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Clicking in reverse gear!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2009, 07:37 PM
Dragon6
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking in reverse gear!!

Hi Guys 1st post I have hankered after an Impreza classic for a while now and finally bagged one I have been a VW guy for years.Anyway overall very pleased with the car the only thing I have noticed is when you reverse and apply a small amount of power there seems to be a lot more clicking/whirring going on than what I have been used to, also when doing this and you dip the clutch in there is a rapid clicking noise (similar to when you haven`t engaged gear correctly and try to lift up the clutch)This noise is coming from the front of the car. Does this sound normal didn`t know if it was something to do with it being a 4WD car.The car drives spot on,all 5 gears engage easily and very smoothly. Reverse again engages easily. no noises in any other gear no transmission noises when revving in neutral.Tranny oil clean and up to full mark.car is a 2000 model.100% standard and with 82k on the clock.As I say it`s only when applying a bit of power in reverse when pulling slowly out of my drive it doesnt do it.Many thanks for any ideas..