DodgeT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a 94 turbo with the following,
PE equal length manifold
PE decat downpipe
PE high flow cat centre section
Std STI BB
At the moment its as quiet as hell, although low down you can still just hear the subaru "warble".

Question is, if I fit a Scoobysport BB, will it sound like an everyday growling scooby with the "warble" or will it sound like a deep toned Nova on coke???

If any of you have this or similar combo id be interested in the outcome,
cheers,
Rog.
Old 20 February 2002, 03:25 PM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Hay mate

Youll get a nice burble form that, and an everyday scooby is simply a fantastic sound, nothing like a nova, witch im my op sounds like a whasp simply horrid.

the scooby beets, hit the loud peddle and you get tub tub tub tub tub tub faster and faster, simply the nicest sounding car have ownd.

Where are you? do yo ugoto festival park on sundays?
With the manifold youll loose the traditional scooby throb, itll be more of a prrrrrrrrrrr, a deep perrrrr. Its still very nice.

[Edited by catflap - 2/20/2002 4:23:37 PM]
Old 20 February 2002, 09:12 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

With the equal length manifold you lose almost all of the famous Scooby exhaust note. The WRC Scoobs don`t sound like ours! If you really have that lot on you have a very expensive system! Bought new I reckon you would fork out approaching two grand for that lot?
JohnD
Old 21 February 2002, 05:28 PM
DodgeT
Scooby Regular

I think i'll go for the change then, it would be a shame to have a car that looks like a rally slag without sounding like one.
Even if it doesnt have the usual scooby noise, I still think it should sound good, its still a flat four.
I know the WRC cars dont sound like usual scoobies, but they still sound damn good.

Catflap, I try to keep away from festival park as there seems to be too many nova's & saxo's about, but I may drop by one time, what colour/reg is yours, ill look out for you. I drive a white prelude vtec @ the moment, just need to get someone to buy it now so that I can pay the guy for the scooby.

Rog.