Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Problems with PPG?

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2008, 08:32 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problems with PPG?

Been having a few problems with changing gear recently on my '99 Impreza Turbo. I've had a PPG straight cut 1-4 gearset put in back in July along with billet selector forks. Sometimes when trying to change down from 3rd to 2nd quite hard it wont go in gear, in the past I've put this down to my bad driving or something to do with the clutch, but it did it today. This time however I lifted off the clutch pedal then tried again and it still wouldnt go in gear so I tried to go back to 3rd, but the gear lever was stuck in nuetral position and wouldnt budge at all as if it was jammed up. I pulled up and tried for around 10 minutes to free it up. Eventually it un jammed and seemed normal again, but somethings not right somewhere. Has anyone had this kind of a problem before and if so whats the cause?? Im hoping its just something to do with the linkage out of the box as I cant have the car off road for any length of time really.
Old 26 February 2008, 11:58 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

sounds like theres something wrong internally. get it back to the builders and see what they say, although sound slike it'll need dropping and stripping down to see whats going on if they can't see anything visually wrong