Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Help anyone

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2002, 04:24 PM
lumby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
real trauma today.Had been out in the car today approx 5 miles , pulled up outside the house bobed in for literally 2 minutes , got back in the car only to find it wouldnt start.

Symptons

It will crank and start momentarily then the revs die a way and thats it it struggled initally to achieve any revs , battery looks okay as its cranknig okay. Fuel seems to be pumping through. I rang recovery company and they said as my car was outside the house and I didnt have homestart they could help , unless I paid extra , as car had to be a mile away from house what a T**T.

i now have a car that wont start . I have disconnected battery to reset ECU overnight but perhaps you guys might have had simliar experience / solution

Thanks
Old 22 January 2002, 04:47 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Could be your crankshaft sensor or less likely but not out of the question the camshaft sensor gone kaput. No expert here, just going off other threads with similar symptoms.

[Edited by WREXY - 1/22/2002 4:48:59 PM]
Old 22 January 2002, 07:58 PM
lumby
Scooby Regular

Do the crankshaft sensor have a habit of failing without any notice , i check engine light ?

Cheers
Old 22 January 2002, 09:58 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

From the symptoms that I have from previous threads, yes. No check light either.

Cheers,

Wrexy.

[Edited by WREXY - 1/22/2002 9:58:59 PM]