STi Genome Backbox

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2007, 11:52 AM
Foyler
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi Genome Backbox

Hey Folks,

Just a quick one, does anyone know where I might find an STI Genome Backbox, I have to change out my very loud jap style backbox after pressure from the local constabulary, I've been threatened with a summons.
I drive a '99 Legacy GT-B and I'm told it should swop straight over.
If anyone is interested in a swop I am based in the West of Ireland. My current Backbox ( some jap brand ) has a lovely burble at idle and when you go above 4,000 rpm and the 2nd Turbo kicks in it's awesome, also lots of nice pops/bangs on overrun.
I want a slightly more civilised sound and I'm hoping that with an sti logo on it I can claim that it is a genuine Subaru part and therefore must be roadlegal.

Cheers for any advice,

Foyler
Old 07 March 2007, 11:58 AM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car came with one on, but you can source them from Japanparts.com and they are around £425 If i can remember, not including postage.

Sounded absolutly awesome with equal length headers, got a dodgey miltek on now sigh which is quieter than a fiesta.

Originally Posted by Foyler
I want a slightly more civilised sound and I'm hoping that with an sti logo on it I can claim that it is a genuine Subaru part and therefore must be roadlegal.

Cheers for any advice,

Foyler
Haha I used that line or something similar when I got pulled over for having too small of a number plate, he asked me about my exhaust I just said yeah mate its standard on jap STi's, look.... showed him the logo he was like ahhh sound mate happy travelling