Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

HELP WITH TURBO PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2007, 07:38 PM
jap-sti-555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP WITH TURBO PLEASE!!

hi folks, im pretty new to the scooby ownership and am having a great time having one. the problem is i fitted a front mount intercooler and a manual boost controller (bleed valve), im not able to run as much boost as i did befor the mods, (1 bar befor, 0.8 bar after, with fuel cut!) and when it comes to check the hoses around the turbo im lost. does any1 have and diagrams of how the hoses should be??? the only hoses i no are the 2 that run to the boost controller (wastegate and boost sorce hoses) any response to help would be most greatfull!! thanks for your time!!
nervouse scooby owner!
Old 19 February 2007, 07:50 PM
daniel lawden
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jap-sti-555
hi folks, im pretty new to the scooby ownership and am having a great time having one. the problem is i fitted a front mount intercooler and a manual boost controller (bleed valve), im not able to run as much boost as i did befor the mods, (1 bar befor, 0.8 bar after, with fuel cut!) and when it comes to check the hoses around the turbo im lost. does any1 have and diagrams of how the hoses should be??? the only hoses i no are the 2 that run to the boost controller (wastegate and boost sorce hoses) any response to help would be most greatfull!! thanks for your time!!
nervouse scooby owner!
have u still got boost solynoid conected while using bleed valve
Old 19 February 2007, 08:01 PM
jap-sti-555
Scooby Regular

no i dont think i have, all i have coming from the turbo is 1 hose from boost source to bleed valve and the other from wastegate to bleedvalve. i could not see any other hoses coming from the turbo. its complecated because the car was imported from japan and when it came over there was a spec-r boost controller removed for some reason. i think this has left all all ballsed up! can you help?
Old 19 February 2007, 08:05 PM
prince_of_tokyo
Scooby Regular

after a fmic and upping the boost a remap is what you should get done before anything
Old 19 February 2007, 08:12 PM
jap-sti-555
Scooby Regular

i had a remap befor the fmic, would it make a big difference having it done again?
Old 19 February 2007, 08:18 PM
prince_of_tokyo
Scooby Regular

well i guess if you keep changing the boost using your bleed valve the supporting components ie your injectors etc will not be taking advantage of the higher boost and probably will muff up...what you need for that something like a apexi AVCR properly mapped at each boost setting

as for you fmic, i guess without mapping you will get 2 much excess boost building up in your intercooler hard-pipes hence not being utilised by your engine and causing more lag etc

someone correct me if im wrong plz
Old 19 February 2007, 08:19 PM
jap-sti-555
Scooby Regular

please explaine what a apexi AVCR is please?
Old 19 February 2007, 08:22 PM
prince_of_tokyo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jap-sti-555
please explaine what a apexi AVCR is please?
its a digital boost controller which usually has 3 settings for boost...goes well with a apexi power fc ecu as can be mapped to each individual boost setting to get the best out of it and hence keeps the engine from going bang
Old 19 February 2007, 08:31 PM
jap-sti-555
Scooby Regular

are these ecu's the ones that will cost over £1000 to buy and map, im on a low buget you see. what can i do with the origanal ecu?? i think the digital boost controller is a good idea and was thinking of getting one anyway. have you got any supply and fit companys for this avcr you takl of? thanks for your time!
Old 20 February 2007, 12:25 AM
prince_of_tokyo
Scooby Regular

no probs m8
where abouts are you from??? you can get a hold of an avcr for around 250quid...ebay etc.