Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

which exhaust is best

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2001, 10:12 AM
miggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

i am now on the lookout for a new exhaust can anyone point me in the right direction ie which one should i go for

miggs
my97wagon
Old 03 December 2001, 12:05 PM
tim saleh
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

personally, i have an hks hiper titanium. but general consensus would suggest that scoobysport, powewr engineering, blitz and hks super drager are also good. depends on budget and sound tolerance, really.
Old 03 December 2001, 03:05 PM
Brookie
Scooby Regular

Smile

Have Scoobysport downpipe and backbox , with standard centre and small cat. Sounds great, really free revving , turbo spins up quicker, its a must have !
Old 03 December 2001, 03:12 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

I would go for a BPM if I was you, 3in bore, 304stainless steel, fantastic build quality, amazing sound (can be made quieter with the bung in place).....

I gained 10bhp just by changing from a decat magnex to the BPM!

It just so happens that I have one for sale!

Check out http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=57364

Cheers

Paul

Old 03 December 2001, 05:34 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

Miggs it depends on the spec of your car to some extent

You should read the thread on twin/single dumps, etc

To be frank most after market exhausts are going to be better than the OEM one as you will generally be removing the cat which is a large restriction in the system

Once you start palying with the turbo and other goodies the exhuast choice becomes more important

Both Scoobysport and Scoobymania seem to be highly recommended but they are slightly different in design. (I know of a number of people very satisfied with both makes)

From my own hearing (probably awful) I would say that the Scoobymania is quiter than the Scoobysport and the bpm is very, very, very (repeat very a few thousandf times) loud - if this helps you at all

If its faster driving and not RR figures then I can highly recommend the bpm - I noticed a 'nice' gain when it was put on my car, despite the fact that it does not seem to like RR days (but that may be due to other reasons - like a knackered clutch)

If you just want a nice sound with some performance gain then the Mongoose comes up now and again on the private section for £200 for the complete system!
Old 03 December 2001, 05:42 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

I have to say I noticed a performance gain when swapping my Scoobysport items for the HKS Titanium Hiper!

The guy who bought it off me, has noticed a huge improvement and he had the Scoobysport before as well!!

The HKS Hiper takes the straightest route out of the car, which has less bends to negoiate!

Bear in mind that most of the big BHP Scoobs that I know of, run a HKS Hiper exhaust.

cheers
Andy