Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

API.....

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2006, 02:12 PM
Daz_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default API.....

Well what can i say. I had issues with a gearbox and was advised to contact API impreza regarding a rebuild. I spoke to david, and after much advice, my credit card was drained, and before i knew it a freshly rebuilt gear box arived at my door with a lightened flywheel and an exedy organic clutch. My father fitted this all for me over a weekend. Unfortunately an output shaft bearing failed after 1500 miles causing a horrific whining noise. Straight on the phone to david and he advised me to bring the car upto him. They stripped the box for me and rebuilt it again with the new bearing etc with no questions asked. With the new box in place the whining had gone but it was evident that the rear diff was on its last legs and was whining away like a trooper.... i contacted david on monday morning with regards to rebuilding a diff for me, and i received a call today saying its built and ready to go.

Thanks once again David, thats what i call a turn around
Old 25 August 2006, 02:21 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daz_WRX
Well what can i say. I had issues with a gearbox and was advised to contact API impreza regarding a rebuild. I spoke to david, and after much advice, my credit card was drained, and before i knew it a freshly rebuilt gear box arived at my door with a lightened flywheel and an exedy organic clutch. My father fitted this all for me over a weekend. Unfortunately an output shaft bearing failed after 1500 miles causing a horrific whining noise. Straight on the phone to david and he advised me to bring the car upto him. They stripped the box for me and rebuilt it again with the new bearing etc with no questions asked. With the new box in place the whining had gone but it was evident that the rear diff was on its last legs and was whining away like a trooper.... i contacted david on monday morning with regards to rebuilding a diff for me, and i received a call today saying its built and ready to go.

Thanks once again David, thats what i call a turn around
Lets hope that does it for you then - Good luck and thanks for the kind words

David APi