Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

clutch help

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2006, 01:17 PM
scoobynutt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch help

hi all iv been looking at differant clutches for my scooby and iv come across an rps street max clutch and i was wondering has any body on here got one or used one and also so i would like to here from poeple who are using the exedy uprated clutch and what power your running throw it any and all ifo is verry welcome

thanks in advance

matt
Old 09 February 2006, 12:28 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

I've just bought an exeddy organic clutch, because of the good price on a group buy, hoping it should be good up to 400lb-ft. Not in the car yet so can't comment. When looking for one I decided on organic, i can't be bothered with the hassle of cerramettalic unless i have to. The choices I had were.

AP Racing
Exeddy
Helix

I would have bought the helix if it wasn't for the group buy price, but that was just an experiment, i've heard failure stories about AP and Exeddy..... But then again they're clutches and occasionally they fail, particularly with abuse

I'd pretty much given up looking for a definitive answer They're all much and such the same price.

Dave
Old 09 February 2006, 12:34 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RB5_245
I've just bought an exeddy organic clutch, because of the good price on a group buy, hoping it should be good up to 400lb-ft. Not in the car yet so can't comment. When looking for one I decided on organic, i can't be bothered with the hassle of cerramettalic unless i have to. The choices I had were.

AP Racing
Exeddy
Helix

I would have bought the helix if it wasn't for the group buy price, but that was just an experiment, i've heard failure stories about AP and Exeddy..... But then again they're clutches and occasionally they fail, particularly with abuse

I'd pretty much given up looking for a definitive answer They're all much and such the same price.

Dave
Not a failure of one of my Exedy's. never had a failure yet. Running 400 / 400 and taking it.

David APi Impreza / APi Engines
www.apiengines.com
Old 10 February 2006, 09:58 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Hope not I just bought one of you
Old 10 February 2006, 09:38 PM
scoobynutt
Scooby Regular

thabks for the info guys and anyone else please feel free to comment

matt
Old 11 February 2006, 12:35 PM
Rustle73
Scooby Regular

I just had my car fitted with an API Exedy organic on group buy, running 245 / 240 in PPP wagon with quickshift. Its smooth, judder free, and actually lighter in operation than my last one which is quite helpful in London traffic. I did put in the lightened flywheel as well - brilliant. It is noticably quicker through the rev range, and 4th gear has now taken on a new lease of life! Oddly enough it actually makes driving around town much easier as the car picks up from slow speeds slighty quicker off boost / at low revs - the all round driveability of the car has signifiantly improved which was an unexpected benefit.

Hope this is of help.
Old 11 February 2006, 12:57 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rustle73
I just had my car fitted with an API Exedy organic on group buy, running 245 / 240 in PPP wagon with quickshift. Its smooth, judder free, and actually lighter in operation than my last one which is quite helpful in London traffic. I did put in the lightened flywheel as well - brilliant. It is noticably quicker through the rev range, and 4th gear has now taken on a new lease of life! Oddly enough it actually makes driving around town much easier as the car picks up from slow speeds slighty quicker off boost / at low revs - the all round driveability of the car has signifiantly improved which was an unexpected benefit.

Hope this is of help.

I told you so !! Good Luck, Thanks for your business and the recommendation

David APi Engines / APi Impreza
www.apiengines.com
Old 11 February 2006, 01:13 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rustle73

Hope this is of help.
Have to agree with all you have said, got mine from API group buy(clutch/LW fly) no judder, lighter clutch pedal, and super fast changes(wrx ra)

Worth every penny
Old 11 February 2006, 01:29 PM
mag6/4
Scooby Regular

me too pulls alot better from low down have 4psi of boost at 2000rpm was nout befour
Old 12 February 2006, 07:38 PM
scoobynutt
Scooby Regular

looks like ill be going with exedy uprated then thanks for all the info

matt