Help please

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2005, 12:04 PM
scoobys20mgh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help please

Hi all,
had my car in for the 60k service (01 wrx) when it was being done, the chap showed me some metal flakes they'd found when changing the gearbox oil, sid it was nothing to worry about as the car was showing no symptoms of gearbox trouble, apparantly there's a washer in the gearbox that sometimes comes loose.

So driving home and the gearbox felt really notchy when changing then all of a sudden doing 15 miles an hour in traffic BANG, like something had hit me from behind, car basically plows to a stop, really hurt my neck!!

Drove it off the road and it was making horrible whiney noises, it's gone back to the garage as he's stripping the gearbox, any ideas what it might be??

Old 28 August 2005, 03:56 PM
morpheous
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobys20mgh
Hi all,
had my car in for the 60k service (01 wrx) when it was being done, the chap showed me some metal flakes they'd found when changing the gearbox oil, sid it was nothing to worry about as the car was showing no symptoms of gearbox trouble, apparantly there's a washer in the gearbox that sometimes comes loose.

So driving home and the gearbox felt really notchy when changing then all of a sudden doing 15 miles an hour in traffic BANG, like something had hit me from behind, car basically plows to a stop, really hurt my neck!!

Drove it off the road and it was making horrible whiney noises, it's gone back to the garage as he's stripping the gearbox, any ideas what it might be??