Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

exhaust bits n bobs

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2005, 10:51 AM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust bits n bobs

Ok, I used to have a 98 uk with a full hks de-cat which ran nice, sounded nice etc.

changed cars now and it only has a standard one on. Now theres a couple of things i dont know quite what to do. I want a full de-cat again, probably a blitz or something. Altho im a bit confused when it comes to downpipes + uppipes.

what options do i have here, I know theres open-neck downpipes, etc but what are the different types available and the benefits of each ? could someone briefly outline some facts for this and for the uppipe ? Its a bit of a grey area for me.

the cars a uk99 running a prodrive ecu, standard other than that.

Thanks ppl

Paul
Old 30 April 2005, 01:04 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

anyone..?
Old 30 April 2005, 04:04 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul-s
Ok, I used to have a 98 uk with a full hks de-cat which ran nice, sounded nice etc.

changed cars now and it only has a standard one on. Now theres a couple of things i dont know quite what to do. I want a full de-cat again, probably a blitz or something. Altho im a bit confused when it comes to downpipes + uppipes.

what options do i have here, I know theres open-neck downpipes, etc but what are the different types available and the benefits of each ? could someone briefly outline some facts for this and for the uppipe ? Its a bit of a grey area for me.

the cars a uk99 running a prodrive ecu, standard other than that.

Thanks ppl

Paul
from my limited understanding the aftermarket downpipes should be twin piped or open necked, either of these on a scoob below about 300 odd bhp will do the same job. i've got the twin piped magnex downpipe and was considering changing to an open necked before the above was said to me.

not sure of prices but the magnex must be around the cheapest and i'd thoroughly recomend it

up pipes on classic shape don't have a cat in therefore changing it isn't necasary (IIRC)

not sure how a full decat will react with your prodrive ecu, gotta be someone out there who knows though

might see you around (especially now they've resurfaced some of the tramlined tarmac on university way) what colour you got?
Old 01 May 2005, 06:26 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

ok cheers, im looking around for something at the moment.

yep ill be around that area, iv got a dark blue uk 99, on prodrive st2's and eibachs

what are you in ?
Old 02 May 2005, 09:19 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

red uk 99, V6 spoiler, anthracite P1 18's. highly illeagal diddy front no plate