Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

fitting a turbo downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2005, 06:14 PM
craigie_s
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fitting a turbo downpipe

I have a 1996 turbo 2000 , which i recently bought a turbo back exhaust for , but i can't get anyone to fit the downpipe 2 out of the 5 studs that bolt on to the turbo are well and trully stuck and rotten , does the turbo have to be taken out to get to them and are they easy to drill out ???? would be gratefull if any one can help as having just had the car painted the new exhaust on the car instead of in the house would be grate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25 April 2005, 06:39 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

I applied heat to the nut/thread stud (using gas welding torch etc) then managed to get half a turn on the spanner (with gloves) continued with heat & half a turn, to eventually getting the bas...d off.
I replaced 2 of the threaded studs as the were knackered. I brought the replacement studs from Halfords along with some anti -seize grease.
Old 26 April 2005, 05:46 PM
craigie_s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ticky
I applied heat to the nut/thread stud (using gas welding torch etc) then managed to get half a turn on the spanner (with gloves) continued with heat & half a turn, to eventually getting the bas...d off.
I replaced 2 of the threaded studs as the were knackered. I brought the replacement studs from Halfords along with some anti -seize grease.
thanks ticky sounds like it will be as bad a job as i had thought , did u manage to get in to the bottom two studs without cutting away the downpipe ???????????