Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

boost guage and valve

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2005, 06:08 PM
andy crofts
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink boost guage and valve

hello this is my first post on this site and it looks very informative if any body can shed some light on this situation below it would be most beneficial

also is their a scooby scene up in the north area as i cant find one im from doncaster in yorkshire ( gods county) pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase help the reason for this is my mates are not into cars at all

is their any one going to the doncaster custom motor show this saturday and sunday at doncaster we could meet up

can anyone tell me where to fit a boost valve on a 99 classic to up the boost a little and would it also be benefiacial to fit a boost guage as well

also has anyone got any pics on how to fit both parts and also how easy is it to do and can anyone provide me with a how to fit the boost valve and boost guage the car is a 99 uk spec wagon

Old 06 April 2005, 10:10 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Scoobynet

On the inlet manifold there are quite a few pressure take offs. There may be a spare with a black rubber cover on (about 1/2" long).
Take a hose from this to your boost gauge

If you don't have a spare pipe, 'T' into the pipe that goes to the dump valve (it's mounted on the front of the intercooler)

As for the "boost valve" what make is it? Did it not come with instructions?
Is it a bleed valve?

I would sugest you fit the gauge first so you can see what effect the "boost valve" has.

As for meets, keep your eye on the Events forums
Old 07 April 2005, 12:58 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search for Dawes device It's really the only type of boost valve suitable for a Scoob. Dead easy to fit. Ideally you should have a boost gauge so you know how much your increasing the boost by, also a air/fuel ratio guage to ensure it's not underfuelling at the higher boost setting and lastly I would consider a KnockLink essential to ensure that you are getting any engine destroying detonation.

Oh and turn the boost up too high and you will hit the ECU fuel cut, a safety mechanism in the ECU to prevent something like a stuck wastegate destroying the turbo/engine. If the boost goes above a preset level then the ECU will shut off the fuel supply to the engine, you will start to slow down rather rapidly until the boost drops off to a safe level. Think its around 1.1 - 1.15 BAR on a MY99.