Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

New engine going in, anything I should be doing at same time?

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2004, 05:16 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New engine going in, anything I should be doing at same time?

The cool guys at Scoob HQ are helping me get sorted with a new engine on my MY02 WRX and am having it done next week. While I'm at it I was wondering if there are any suggestions for things to do at the same time?

EG, my clutch pedal is quite stiff, I only noticed after driving a new blob the other week. So was thinking that this may mean the clutch may be easy to get at while the engine's out so would be cheaper to do?

Are there any seals, gaskets etc etc that it would be worth doing at the same time? I'd rather not spend any more but if it's going to save even bigger bills later I may as well.

Am I right in thinking that a new cam belt should go on at the same time? Was told it wasn't needed.

Cheers!

Mike
Old 04 November 2004, 05:26 PM
morpheous
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the clutch when they swop it over,Defo easier to replace while engines out I would have cam belt fitted,Do you know anything about the engine they're fitting???
Is it recon short motor or s\hand complete ?????

Originally Posted by RecordProduction.com
The cool guys at Scoob HQ are helping me get sorted with a new engine on my MY02 WRX and am having it done next week. While I'm at it I was wondering if there are any suggestions for things to do at the same time?

EG, my clutch pedal is quite stiff, I only noticed after driving a new blob the other week. So was thinking that this may mean the clutch may be easy to get at while the engine's out so would be cheaper to do?

Are there any seals, gaskets etc etc that it would be worth doing at the same time? I'd rather not spend any more but if it's going to save even bigger bills later I may as well.

Am I right in thinking that a new cam belt should go on at the same time? Was told it wasn't needed.

Cheers!

Mike