Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

HELP PLEASE...URGENT..

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2004, 07:28 PM
atkins0n
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP PLEASE...URGENT..

Can someone please tell me what rear Diff I have on my 95WRX as there are some god awfull noises coming from it,,,(a dry rotating noise but only when going really slow i.e 3 point turn) and Subaru UK TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO JAPAN!!! Bloody helpfull eh?

I need information on which oil or the best to use for my Gearbox and Rear Diff, also the Diff Config, slipper etc..??????

Thanking you in advance Joe,,,
Old 19 October 2004, 12:50 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by atkins0n
Can someone please tell me what rear Diff I have on my 95WRX as there are some god awfull noises coming from it,,,(a dry rotating noise but only when going really slow i.e 3 point turn) and Subaru UK TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO JAPAN!!! Bloody helpfull eh?

I need information on which oil or the best to use for my Gearbox and Rear Diff, also the Diff Config, slipper etc..??????

Thanking you in advance Joe,,,
Hiya, The diff ratio will almost certainly be 4.1:1 on a regular WRX assuming it still has the original diff. It will be a viscous type of slipper.

75W90 is the correct gear oil synthetic is best.

If by chance you have a plated LSD then it will need the correct amount of oil installed. Because the slipper takes up a load of space inside the axle, you will not get the correct amount in if you just fill to the plug level, Effectively you need to 'overfill' it as the CWP or bearings will suffer from the overheated oil if too little oil is put in.

David APi Engines / APi Impreza
Old 19 October 2004, 07:30 PM
atkins0n
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by APIDavid
Hiya, The diff ratio will almost certainly be 4.1:1 on a regular WRX assuming it still has the original diff. It will be a viscous type of slipper.

75W90 is the correct gear oil synthetic is best.

If by chance you have a plated LSD then it will need the correct amount of oil installed. Because the slipper takes up a load of space inside the axle, you will not get the correct amount in if you just fill to the plug level, Effectively you need to 'overfill' it as the CWP or bearings will suffer from the overheated oil if too little oil is put in.

David APi Engines / APi Impreza
THANK YOU