Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Mixing exhaust components?

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2004, 09:08 PM
Carlos13
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing exhaust components?

Soon to be buying an impreza. The one I am having has a complete decat. I want to introduce a cat as I don't want to be arsing about come MOT time. I also would like a backbox with a bung in case of any trackday problems.

The downpipe the car has is a Scoobysport one I think. Power engineering do a sport cat centre section and TSL do a backbox with a bung. The car currently has a P1 centre and a bespoke backbox (forget the manufacturer).

Am I going to lose out power-wise by mixing components like this? Would it be beneficial to buy a complete system from one of these suppliers (or another...). My desire is power not noise.

New to scoobies so would appreciate any advice. There are so many exhaust suppliers, hard to know which is the best, or if they are all roughly the same.

I will also be looking to get a remap. What sort of power would I be looking at with a decat (sport cat centre) ecutek remap and say a panel filter?

Thanks!

Last edited by Carlos13; 15 September 2004 at 09:11 PM.
Old 15 September 2004, 09:34 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had my 99MY I had Scoobysport downpipe, Power Eng. sportcat centre and Magnex backbox. It all fitted and worked perfectly and sounded just right (In my opinion) Together with a properly mapped Link ECU it was a fast car. Never had it on the rollers to check power but my current 03STi had to have the PPP to be a match.
JohnD

Last edited by JohnD; 15 September 2004 at 09:39 PM.
Old 15 September 2004, 09:51 PM
Can Gogus
Scooby Newbie

Question How do you like the ppp package

and how is the sound with the prodrive pack compared to stock? I am buying a 05 sti within the next couple of weeks and am trying to find out more info on the prodrive perf package... Any comments on changes in power delivery and exhaust tone will be nice TIA

John
05 STI (soon)
02 Mini Cooper S
00 Audi S4
96 Integra GSR
92 Eagle Talon

Originally Posted by JohnD
When I had my 99MY I had Scoobysport downpipe, Power Eng. sportcat centre and Magnex backbox. It all fitted and worked perfectly and sounded just right (In my opinion) Together with a properly mapped Link ECU it was a fast car. Never had it on the rollers to check power but my current 03STi had to have the PPP to be a match.
JohnD
Old 15 September 2004, 09:55 PM
Carlos13
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
JohnD
how about track day noise regs John - I guess it had no muffler?